Moving Home - I need best ISP advice

Old April 27th 06, 11:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wiffy

Default Moving Home - I need best ISP advice

Hi.

I am moving home in a few weeks, and finally able to say goodbye to TalkTalk
BB!! I need advice on the best ISP for speed and reliability for my new
location. I can only get up to 2MB ADSL (no Cable) where I am going, so
taking this restriction into account, what would you advise. I was
previously with Pipex, and I have to say they were rock solid for
reliability, and so much faster than TalkTalk (my test stats were always
pretty good). Are they worth considering? Who should I avoid? Who does
the best non-contracted (month by month) deal?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Ian

Old April 30th 06, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stewart

I moved from a compnay who were providing me Broadband via "unbundled
exchange" BIG problems ended up having to have a new BT line installed,
stopped paying previous provider, the line is still active!
Read the Which report on ISP providers and went for Waitrose. Excellent
provider, setting up was easy and quick, they kept me fuuly informed and
updated at all stages.
Excellent speeds achived at all times and apart from when BT were upgrading
servers I have had no service interuptions. When there was a service
interuption later I received an e-mail outlining what the problem had been
and cause etc.
Ian