Reliable hosting recommendation

Old April 28th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Reliable hosting recommendation

Hi

I need a reliable PHP/MySQL reseller hosting with nearly unlimited bandwidth
(at least around 200GB per month). I wanted to use donhost (an excellent
provider - I am using their windows hosting) but they do not offer more
recent versions or PHP or MySql. I am currently using clook for php/mysql
(excellent service btw) but they do not offer unlimited package and the
bandwidth is costing me an arm and a leg.

I considered jodo but they are based in India and I am a little concerned if
there was a problem at there end - even though their data centres are in
Florida, I presume management is from India? I am just being honest here as
I am seriously looking for some hosting.

Thanks

Regards

Old April 28th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Sauron

There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, the closest thing you will
get to this is a dedicated server with a 1:1 10mbit connection but this is
going to cost you a fair amount

Old April 28th 06, 05:37 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
John

Well I really need 200GB per month and if we need to push 120/130 GB for
now. With this I can manage for now.

Thanks

Regards

Old April 28th 06, 07:34 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

John wrote:

Hi

I need a reliable PHP/MySQL reseller hosting with nearly unlimited
bandwidth (at least around 200GB per month). I wanted to use donhost
(an excellent provider - I am using their windows hosting) but they
do not offer more recent versions or PHP or MySql. I am currently
using clook for php/mysql (excellent service btw) but they do not
offer unlimited package and the bandwidth is costing me an arm and a
leg.

I considered jodo but they are based in India and I am a little
concerned if there was a problem at there end - even though their
data centres are in Florida, I presume management is from India? I am
just being honest here as I am seriously looking for some hosting.

Thanks

Regards

I've seen lots of good reviews for http://www.servage.net/ but one
customer I asked said he had a few problems with them, including
delayed email. I'm wondering whether to try them out myself. My sites
are not commercial so not really a problem if there were minor problems.

--
Remove SOMETHINGFISHY to email
www.ukwebhost.com
Old April 28th 06, 10:01 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Sauron

"Sauron" wrote in message
There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, the closest thing you will
get to this is a dedicated server with a 1:1 10mbit connection but this is
going to cost you a fair amount

have you considered a VPS?

Old April 30th 06, 10:57 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stewart

Try One and One
http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/H...op&__lf=Static

Ian

Old April 30th 06, 04:58 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Hudson

"Sauron" wrote in message
There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth,

There is if you are willing to pay for it.
The bills just get higher and higher the more you use.
I suppose you would eventually max out all the telcos you could get
bandwidth from so there is some theoretical limit,
but its possible in any practical sense of the word "unlimited".

Of course it would cost massive amounts of money and in any case people
usually hugely over estimate their bandwidth requirements.
We do hosting plans with 100GB per month and the average user is currently
just over 1GB per month.
None of the customers onthat plan get near the 100GB.

--
Gordon Hudson || Hostroute.com Ltd
e-mail:ghudson [at] hostroute.net

Old May 3rd 06, 11:18 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.net.providers,uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J.

In within uk.net.providers, 'John'
wrote:

Ahem...donhost do "unmetered" hosting in a given price.

There really is no such thing as genuine 'unmetered' transfer capacity.
There may be 'uncharged for' but all data will be metered, by the upstream
provider if by no one else. If the total transfer exceeds the budget of
the hosting provider, they will soon bring in the 'reasonable use' element
of their contracts.

IMO Unmetered usually == Unthoughtabout. Not really the best of signs when
assessing potential providers.

Dave J.