F2S SMTP not working

Old April 28th 06, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joao Saraiva

Default F2S SMTP not working

Hi F2S users
I am trying to send mail using their SMTP (outmail.f2s.com) and it keeps
asking my password ... i didn't change anything since this morning !!!

Is it the case that their SMTP server is not working ?

Of course I send an email to their technical support but no reply yet ...

Tks for any information
JS

Old April 28th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Joao Saraiva wrote:
Hi F2S users
I am trying to send mail using their SMTP (outmail.f2s.com) and it keeps
asking my password ... i didn't change anything since this morning !!!

Is it the case that their SMTP server is not working ?

Of course I send an email to their technical support but no reply yet ...

Tks for any information
JS

Do they require a password for sending email?? Most ISPs SMTP servers
won't. Try disabling the option to use server authentication for
outgoing mail in your email client and see how that goes.

Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old April 28th 06, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joao Saraiva

You are right, thanks !
I can't understand why it stopped working ... i had this set up for over 1
year.
Thanks again
JS

PS. and still no reply from F2S technical support ...

Old April 28th 06, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Joao Saraiva
wrote
Hi F2S users
I am trying to send mail using their SMTP (outmail.f2s.com)

Don't you mean

outmail.username.f2s.com ?

and it keeps
asking my password ... i didn't change anything since this morning !!!

Is it the case that their SMTP server is not working ?

Works okay for me (with my username in the gateway name)

Of course I send an email to their technical support but no reply yet ...

If your email isn't working did it get sent?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com