Sipgate.de

Old April 28th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Sipgate.de

When you sign up for a German Sipgate account, is the sign up and allocation
of the number instant like it is for the UK Sipgate, do they do any checks
to ensure you live at the address specified when you sign up?

Thanks in advance.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old April 28th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} has brought this to us :
When you sign up for a German Sipgate account, is the sign up and allocation
of the number instant like it is for the UK Sipgate, do they do any checks to
ensure you live at the address specified when you sign up?

Thanks in advance.

"In Ihrem Wohnort sind folgende Rufnummern verfügbar:

Deutschland, lokal - 01801 (zum Ortstarif)"

Presumably an 0845 equivalent? Are there any negative issues with a
German 01801 number?

.............How do I use a German proxy, now?

Old April 28th 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} has brought this to us :
When you sign up for a German Sipgate account, is the sign up and
allocation of the number instant like it is for the UK Sipgate, do
they do any checks to ensure you live at the address specified when
you sign up? Thanks in advance.

"In Ihrem Wohnort sind folgende Rufnummern verfügbar:

Deutschland, lokal - 01801 (zum Ortstarif)"

Presumably an 0845 equivalent? Are there any negative issues with a
German 01801 number?

............How do I use a German proxy, now?

01801 seems to be only be able to be called from within Germany.

I use Avant browser, it has a section where you add various proxies and can
select which one to use from the list.

In the connections setting of IE you can enter a proxy to use.

Old April 28th 06, 08:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Heimo Hetl

Jono wrote:

"In Ihrem Wohnort sind folgende Rufnummern verfügbar:

"at your place of residence the following numbers are available" - what
address did you enter?

Deutschland, lokal - 01801 (zum Ortstarif)"

"... (at local rates)"

Presumably an 0845 equivalent? Are there any negative issues with a
German 01801 number?

they can be rather expensive if called from networks other than Deutsche
Telekom's or from mobiles. I have one of these and got complaints from
a German friend who uses an e-plus mobile.

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.
Old April 28th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

You are offered German 01801 even via the UK Sipgate site, so I don't
think you need a German proxy. I don't know if the German site has some
area codes as well though

You can call the numbers from here, though it's unlikely that cheap
calls providers will reach them. If you have O2 or Orange mobile use
07744 callthrough numbers from Yourcallworld from your inclusive minutes

Old April 28th 06, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh andy:
You are offered German 01801 even via the UK Sipgate site, so I don't
think you need a German proxy. I don't know if the German site has
some area codes as well though

You can call the numbers from here, though it's unlikely that cheap
calls providers will reach them. If you have O2 or Orange mobile use
07744 callthrough numbers from Yourcallworld from your inclusive
minutes

The German site has loads of local area codes, it is one of these I am
after. I was just wondering if you get the number instantly like Sipgate
UK, or they do some checks first, so may take days.

Old April 28th 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
When you sign up for a German Sipgate account, is the sign up and

allocation
of the number instant like it is for the UK Sipgate, do they do any checks
to ensure you live at the address specified when you sign up?

* As a non-German resident you will receive a +49 1801 555 xxxxxx number
* This is a non-geographycal number (equivalent to the UK 0845 numbers)
* Using a german proxy will not help

The only way to get a real geographycal number is to have a residence in
Germany. Sipgate is using 2 ways to test this
a) if you agree, they do a on-line check with the "Shufa". This is the
central service in Germany that checks bank debts. However every resident in
Germany who has a german bank account (any bank) is registered in Shufa,
with their offical adress.
b) if he Shufa test is negative, you need to send them copies from documents
(e.g. phone bill) to prove your residence.

If you really need a +49 number, you should subscribe to one of the Finarea
services, e.g. www.voipdiscount.com
Please note you need to give a german adress at sign-up (no checks) as you
cannot change the country anymore later
Or, if you understand german, try www.sparvoip.de
The allocated number range for all Finarea services are the same, hence it
does not matter which servcie yoy subscribe (Voipbuster, Netappel,
Voipstunt, Sipdiscount etc... (e.g. for Hamburg: +49 40 4010 9xxx)
Advantage of www.sparvoip.de is he tariff for germany mobile: 14
cents/minute, the cheapest tariff you can find (cheaper than sipgate)

rgds
Philippe (Belgium)

Old April 28th 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news

In message ,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
When you sign up for a German Sipgate account, is the sign up and allocation
of the number instant like it is for the UK Sipgate, do they do any checks
to ensure you live at the address specified when you sign up?

Thanks in advance.

This may or may not be of interest, but Voipfone is about to make
numbers available in several European countries, including Germany:

http://www.voipfoneuserforum.com/vie...04b6c3b9e75416
46bd54ad6c1f6397

--
Ian
Old April 29th 06, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
. uk
When you sign up for a German Sipgate account, is the
sign up and allocation of the number instant like it is
for the UK Sipgate, do they do any checks to ensure you
live at the address specified when you sign up?
Thanks in advance.

Yes. You have to prove residence at the specified address. Otherwise, only
01801 (broadly equivalent to 0870) numbers are issued.

Ivor

Old April 29th 06, 01:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
. uk
Thus spaketh andy:
You are offered German 01801 even via the UK Sipgate
site, so I don't think you need a German proxy. I don't
know if the German site has some area codes as well
though You can call the numbers from here, though it's
unlikely that cheap calls providers will reach them. If
you have O2 or Orange mobile use 07744 callthrough
numbers from Yourcallworld from your inclusive minutes

The German site has loads of local area codes, it is one
of these I am after. I was just wondering if you get the
number instantly like Sipgate UK, or they do some checks
first, so may take days.

There is a crucial difference in the UK and German systems. In Germany,
you can only get a normal geographic number if you actually live at the
address. Checks are made to ensure this.

Ivor