[email protected] voicemail prompts

Old April 29th 06, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default [email protected] voicemail prompts

Hello Experts,

Recently upgraded my [email protected] server to v2.7. On my old system, v1.3, I had
recorded some custom prompts, so that whenever a call was answered by
voicemail, the caller heard my voice saying "please leave a message
after the tone, when done, press the hash key". This prompt replaced
the vm-intro.gsm audio file which refers to the "pound" key.

Anyway, my problem with the new install is - the voicemail prompt
appears to be vm-into.ulaw, not .gsm. How do I record &/or convert my
custom prompt to be in the .ulaw format?

Cheers.

Old April 29th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:
Hello Experts,

Recently upgraded my [email protected] server to v2.7. On my old system, v1.3, I had
recorded some custom prompts, so that whenever a call was answered by
voicemail, the caller heard my voice saying "please leave a message
after the tone, when done, press the hash key". This prompt replaced the
vm-intro.gsm audio file which refers to the "pound" key.

Anyway, my problem with the new install is - the voicemail prompt
appears to be vm-into.ulaw, not .gsm. How do I record &/or convert my
custom prompt to be in the .ulaw format?

Cheers.

Sorry i don't know the answer to your questions... But i really would
like to hear the answer too.

I'm looking for some windows software that can play/record gsm files?

Thanks
Old April 29th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean expressed precisely :
Jono wrote:
Hello Experts,

Recently upgraded my [email protected] server to v2.7. On my old system, v1.3, I had
recorded some custom prompts, so that whenever a call was answered by
voicemail, the caller heard my voice saying "please leave a message after
the tone, when done, press the hash key". This prompt replaced the
vm-intro.gsm audio file which refers to the "pound" key.

Anyway, my problem with the new install is - the voicemail prompt appears
to be vm-into.ulaw, not .gsm. How do I record &/or convert my custom prompt
to be in the .ulaw format?

Cheers.

Sorry i don't know the answer to your questions... But i really would like to
hear the answer too.

I'm looking for some windows software that can play/record gsm files?

Thanks

Sox can convert wav to gsm.

Quicktime can play gsm

Old April 29th 06, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono formulated on Saturday :
Sean expressed precisely :
Jono wrote:
Hello Experts,

Recently upgraded my [email protected] server to v2.7. On my old system, v1.3, I had
recorded some custom prompts, so that whenever a call was answered by
voicemail, the caller heard my voice saying "please leave a message after
the tone, when done, press the hash key". This prompt replaced the
vm-intro.gsm audio file which refers to the "pound" key.

Anyway, my problem with the new install is - the voicemail prompt appears
to be vm-into.ulaw, not .gsm. How do I record &/or convert my custom
prompt to be in the .ulaw format?

Cheers.

Sorted.......Answer posted below as I'll forget it soon!

sox vm-intro.wav -r 8000 -c 1 ./vm-intro.ul

then just change the name to vm-intro.ulaw

Old April 30th 06, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

I've now recorded every voice mail sound

Old April 30th 06, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean has brought this to us :
I've now recorded every voice mail sound

Jolly good.

For a really cheesy voicemail try Nuance's text-to-speach demo at
http://www.nuance.com/realspeak/demo/default.asp

Old April 30th 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Jono expressed precisely :
Sean has brought this to us :
I've now recorded every voice mail sound

Jolly good.

For a really cheesy voicemail try Nuance's text-to-speach demo at
http://www.nuance.com/realspeak/demo/default.asp

speach!?

clearly a typo!

Old April 30th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean explained :
Well, i am happy with my voice on it

Quite funny actually, its all me :O

Sounds much better than sipgate's! Maybe they should pay me for mine

IKWYM about Sipgate's vm. I wonder how/why it changes languages - the
same prompt can be in either German or English. Maybe they forgot to
change /both/ gsm & ulaw files.

Old April 30th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

IKWYM ?

Its so loud too, and sounds just awful!

Old April 30th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Sean" wrote in message

IKWYM ?

Its so loud too, and sounds just awful!

I rarely use the dialup system. I get the messages forwarded as email
attachments. Or I'll get them direct off the website.

Ivor