test

Old April 29th 06, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

Default test

test

Old May 2nd 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

Richard Brooks wrote:
Can we get this straight once and for all! Some years back, Gene
Spafford and team found out that sending a test post to alt.test did not
mean that sending a post to uk.telecom.broadband would reach there so it
was advised that a post could be sent providing the subject header
reflected that and people could ignore it.

Maybe, but why not simply wait until you have something to say, and use
that as your "test" post? One can use google groups to confirm whether
it's really left the local system(s).

If it works, then the test post was unnecessary. If it doesn't work,
then you know you have a problem to resolve.

Chris
Old May 2nd 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

:

Richard Brooks wrote:
Can we get this straight once and for all! Some years back, Gene
Spafford and team found out that sending a test post to alt.test did
not mean that sending a post to uk.telecom.broadband would reach
there so it was advised that a post could be sent providing the
subject header reflected that and people could ignore it.

Maybe, but why not simply wait until you have something to say, and
use that as your "test" post? One can use google groups to confirm
whether it's really left the local system(s).

If it works, then the test post was unnecessary. If it doesn't work,
then you know you have a problem to resolve.

Why don't you do what the rest of us do, and just ignore messages whose
subject is 'test'?

Now can we drop this please, and stop cluttering up the posts even more.

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,