strange PAP2 problem

Old April 30th 06, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mark kelly

Default strange PAP2 problem

OK a strange problem maybe someone can shed some light on it.

Grandstream 486 stop working on SIPDISCOUNT but it seem now it works
but related to this problem. So my dad brought a Linksys PAP2
(offically unlock from the start.)

Setup voipdiscount in my house and it work fine. Can recieve / make
calls. I am on NTL 2mb connection. With Linksys wireless router.
Take it to my father house and it does not connect!!! If take PAP2 back
to my house after going to my father house, it won't work here either.
Only way to get it working at my place again is factory reset and put
the details in again. If do factory reset at parents house it still
won't work. He got same linksys wireless router as well. His internet
connection is 1mb connection with NTL. Now to make other piece to this
puzzle, if put sipgate on line 2 of the PAP2, it works at his place.

As does http://www.voxalot.com/ sort of.

Does anyone have any idea what is the problem!!!!

Old April 30th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bleh

On 30 Apr 2006 02:43:06 -0700, "mark kelly"
wrote:

[...]

You've got all the relevant ports open at your fathers house ?
Old April 30th 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mark kelly

yep, and even put the PAP2 in the DMZ...