Internet DNS problem

Old April 30th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jas

Default Internet DNS problem

Hi,
I'm trying to access http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/index.php but for the
best part of a week now I'm getting no page loaded. It just looks like the
site is down.
I believe this is the same problem as a month ago and I was told it was a
stored dns problem (error) and there was a work-around, but I don't know the
work-around (some people had use of the site okay).
I tried this from another machine the other day and that person's browser
returned an MSN page which described a dns error.

So, if the site I want to see is now hosted elsewhere, and some dns haven't
updated how can I resolve it?

NB After /flushdns (only if I flush), and I then ping the address (by name)
I get 87.117.194.103 returned. If I stick this in the browser I get a
cPanel page - no website at this address). So I'm even more inclined to
think the site I want has moved but I can't find where to - any why the dns
is wrong (for so long). [Can some reboot the whole internet for me?]

I don't think it matters, but for interest I'm using xp, IE6.0.29, b/band.
All other sites I've tried to access seem to work okay.

Old April 30th 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Peter

"Jas" *m wrote in
:

I'm trying to access http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/index.php but for
the best part of a week now I'm getting no page loaded. It just looks
like the site is down.

[snip]

I did a whois and the word 'suspended' may give you a clue..

Checking server [whois.nic.uk]
Results:

Domain name:
cavweb-forums.co.uk

Registrant:
CavWeb

Registrant type:
Not supplied

Registrant's address:
81 High street
Arnold
Nottingham
NG5 7DQ
GB

Registrant's agent:
Goltho Grange Limited t/a Hosting-Unlimited.net [Tag = EUROPENAMES]

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 18-Mar-2002
Renewal date: 18-Mar-2006
Last updated: 16-Feb-2006

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Name servers:
ns1.hu-eros.com
ns2.hu-eros.com
Old April 30th 06, 12:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jas

"Peter" wrote in message

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Name servers:
ns1.hu-eros.com
ns2.hu-eros.com

Thank you. Yes, my returned ping was hu-eros.com. Any chance they've just
moved elsewhere ??
So any 'work around' it going to !

Old April 30th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Peter

"Jas" *m wrote in
:

Thank you. Yes, my returned ping was hu-eros.com. Any chance they've
just moved elsewhere ??

Can't help you there.

Was this forum for auto enthusiasts? If so I'd suggest looking in similar
forums to see if anybody there has any clues.
Old April 30th 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jas

"Peter" wrote in message
"Jas" *m wrote in
:

Thank you. Yes, my returned ping was hu-eros.com. Any chance they've
just moved elsewhere ??

Can't help you there.

Was this forum for auto enthusiasts? If so I'd suggest looking in similar
forums to see if anybody there has any clues.

Yes but in the first instance I wanted to get to the web site again.
I expect it'll be back, but last time any problems were temporary and it
seemed to be my end/my ISP that was stopped access until it just worked once
more.
Taa for looking up though, I'll just have to keep trying it from time to
time.

Old April 30th 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article
Jas *m wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to access http://www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/index.php but for the
best part of a week now I'm getting no page loaded. It just looks like the
site is down.

Works for me.

I believe this is the same problem as a month ago and I was told it was a
stored dns problem (error) and there was a work-around, but I don't know the
work-around (some people had use of the site okay).
I tried this from another machine the other day and that person's browser
returned an MSN page which described a dns error.

So, if the site I want to see is now hosted elsewhere, and some dns haven't
updated how can I resolve it?

NB After /flushdns (only if I flush), and I then ping the address (by name)
I get 87.117.194.103 returned.

I get that too.

If I stick this in the browser I get a
cPanel page - no website at this address).

That will be because it's a virtual server - it needs to know the name
of the server you want in order to direct you to it.

So I'm even more inclined to
think the site I want has moved but I can't find where to - any why the dns
is wrong (for so long). [Can some reboot the whole internet for me?]

I suspect it's another manifestation of flakey ntl HTTP proxies - try
manually selecting a different proxy (that doesn't use port 80) in your
browser.
Old May 1st 06, 12:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Peter

Rob Morley wrote in
t:

Works for me.

[snip]

I suspect it's another manifestation of flakey ntl HTTP proxies - try
manually selecting a different proxy (that doesn't use port 80) in
your browser.

And indeed it now does!

The domain appears to have been renewed during Sunday.

You can probably find enough loose cash to renew a co.uk down the back of
the seats of most cars.

Old May 1st 06, 12:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jas

I suspect it's another manifestation of flakey ntl HTTP proxies - try
manually selecting a different proxy (that doesn't use port 80) in
your browser.

And indeed it now does!

The domain appears to have been renewed during Sunday.

You can probably find enough loose cash to renew a co.uk down the back of
the seats of most cars.

I'm glad I re-read the group, yes it is back on.

So (Rob) how do I work around a possible flaky proxy, I tried the only ip
address I had directly into the browser. I don't know how else to do it.

Old May 1st 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jas

"Jas" *m wrote in message
I suspect it's another manifestation of flakey ntl HTTP proxies - try
manually selecting a different proxy (that doesn't use port 80) in
your browser.

And indeed it now does!

The domain appears to have been renewed during Sunday.

You can probably find enough loose cash to renew a co.uk down the back of
the seats of most cars.

I'm glad I re-read the group, yes it is back on.

So (Rob) how do I work around a possible flaky proxy, I tried the only ip
address I had directly into the browser. I don't know how else to do it.

Or do I just stick one in the browser set (lan) box? - any recommendations
? (can I use anyone's?)

Old May 2nd 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
vedi

Suresh Kumar.M
B.E.ComputerScience and Engineering.

No:25,K.P Koil street, M.I.E.T
Engineering College.
West jones Road,
Saidapet,
Chennai -15,
Tamil Nadu.-INDIA Home:
+09840077065

E-mail:

Career Objective

To be an active engineer thrust by hard work,
propelled by team work, to accept the defeats of yesterday, face the
challenges of today, to unravel the enigmas of tomorrow, to engrave the
name of the concern which I am working for and my country which I am
indebted to in the sands of time.

Educational Details

QUALIFICATION UNIVERSITY/BOARD YEAR PERCENTAGE OF MARKS
X State Board 1998 73
XII State Board 2000 70
B.E Bharathidasan University 2004 64

Hardware skills:

1. PC Assembling & OS Initialization for Win98, 2000, NT,XP, Linux,
2. Server Initialization &configuration for 2000 & 2003,
3. Software Initialization for C, C++ , VB, Java,oracle, MS-Office
&etc,
4. Wired &Wireless Print Sever configuration ,
5. Raid Card Configuration ,
6. Domain configuration and Other security settings ,
7. Desktop TroubleShooting

Networking skills:

1.Lan and Wan Network Technology configuration,
2.IP Address ,Subnet Mask & Broadcast Address Calculation,
3.Setup the Router configuring,
4.Wireless Access Point and Wireless Router configuration ,
5.VLAN & Layer 2 switching configuration,
6. IOS Management Commands,
7.Configure IP and IPX standard Access lists,
8.Understand that ISDN , HDLC Protocals And function groups,
9.Understand that Voip& ATM,
10.Network Troubleshooting ,

Professional Experience :

Employer : Info Netsys
Communications (p) Ltd

Designation : Support Engineer.

Period : June 2004 to Till
Date.( 2 Years)

Location : Chennai , Tamilnadu.

Professional Certifications :

? Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).

Software skills

1 Operating systems Windows
95/98/2000/me/Xp,Ms-Dos
2 Programming language C, C++, Java,J2EE .
3 Packages Microsoft Office 97/ 2000/XP.
4 Data base Oracle, MS-Access
5 Query Language SQL, PL/SQL.
6 Modeling Package Flash, adobe Photoshop.

Technical Projects

Project #1

Project Title : “Robotics Control Using Wireless
Communication system “
Software : Visual Basic 6.0
Team size : 2 members.
Duration : Dec 2003 & Jan2004.

Project Description

Today's mobile networking are high speed growing technology which is
the alternative tool for phone,Fax,e-mail and Internet.

In our project we are going to combine these two high end technologies
to provide a new tool,which control “INFRARED? robotics using
mobiles.

In this project infrared transmitter connected with the parallel
communication port and mean while a “GSM? device which linked with
serial communication links ,connects mobile and the machine using
wireless cable (i.e),controlling data as been captured from mobile
which control infrared controller to control the robotic.

Personal information

FATHER'S NAME R.MADHAVAN.
DATE OF BIRTH : 13-06-1983
AGE : 23.
SEX : male.
MARITAL STATUS : single.
NATIONALITY : Indian.
ADDRESS : plaza theatre opp
Santhai pettai
Thirumayam-622507
Pudukkottai dist.

PHONE : +04333-274412

Declaration

I, SURESH KUMAR .M here by declare that the information furnished
above is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

(SURESH KUMAR .M)