Networked media player with extra network ports?

Old April 30th 06, 03:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jon

Default Networked media player with extra network ports?

HI all,

I'm in the market for a networked media player to play music and video
files from my PC through my TV and hifi in the front room. I want to use
cable rather than wireless networking but I have no spare ethernet ports
on my router and I already have one ethernet cable going round to the
back of the TV for my VoIP box, so I want to try and get a media box
with a couple of ethernet "through-ports" if they exist.

Any suggestions?
--
Regards
Jon
Old April 30th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tim..

"Jon" wrote in message
t...
HI all,

I'm in the market for a networked media player to play music and video
files from my PC through my TV and hifi in the front room. I want to use
cable rather than wireless networking but I have no spare ethernet ports
on my router and I already have one ethernet cable going round to the
back of the TV for my VoIP box, so I want to try and get a media box
with a couple of ethernet "through-ports" if they exist.

Dont think so?

You'll need a smal in expensive switch .

Tim..

Old May 1st 06, 03:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
ken r

"Jon" wrote in message
t...
HI all,

I'm in the market for a networked media player to play music and video
files from my PC through my TV and hifi in the front room. I want to use
cable rather than wireless networking but I have no spare ethernet ports
on my router and I already have one ethernet cable going round to the
back of the TV for my VoIP box, so I want to try and get a media box
with a couple of ethernet "through-ports" if they exist.

Any suggestions?
--
Regards
Jon

If they are in the same room save yourself a fortune and get a lead from the
PC to the amplifier. Then get yourself a jukebox program.