Plusnet portal and IE7

Old April 30th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default Plusnet portal and IE7

Has anyone managed to get the Plusnet website to work okay with IE7?
Whenever I log in, I get the menus down the left and right of the page as
normal, but nothing in the middle. So the pages are blank. I have to use
Opera to view it.

Old April 30th 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

"Beck" wrote in
:

Has anyone managed to get the Plusnet website to work okay with
IE7? Whenever I log in, I get the menus down the left and right
of the page as normal, but nothing in the middle. So the pages
are blank. I have to use Opera to view it.

Works OK for me - IE7 beta 2 on XP Pro.

Old April 30th 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Bartholomew

"Beck" wrote in message
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

Can you check this for me please... login and then down the left click on
any of the sections for example "connection details". When I go into any
of the sections after logging in I just get blanks.

I see the same with IE7 beta 2. The genaral pages display correctly but all
of the account settings pages I looked at had the menu visible but the page
content was missing

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me (limited validity).

Old April 30th 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Ian Bartholomew wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:

Can you check this for me please... login and then down the left
click on any of the sections for example "connection details". When
I go into any of the sections after logging in I just get blanks.

I see the same with IE7 beta 2. The genaral pages display correctly
but all of the account settings pages I looked at had the menu
visible but the page content was missing

Thanks. I am going to post a support ticket to them. Perhaps you could do
the same? The more reports they get the more likely they are to look into
it.
Its possible there is nothing they can do about it if it is an IE7 bug but
they might be able to tweak something on their code.

Old April 30th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Ian Bartholomew wrote:

I see the same with IE7 beta 2. The genaral pages display correctly
but all of the account settings pages I looked at had the menu
visible but the page content was missing

Well that was the quickest response I have ever had from them. I raised a
support ticket and got a reply within 19 minutes.

"We are currently aware of this problem however as IE7 is currently in beta
we will be waiting untill nearer the public release"

Old April 30th 06, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:18:35 +0100, Beck
wrote:

Has anyone managed to get the Plusnet website to work okay with IE7?
Whenever I log in, I get the menus down the left and right of the page as
normal, but nothing in the middle. So the pages are blank. I have to
use
Opera to view it.

Hi,

We've seen a couple of reports of problems with IE7 Beta, people have been
reporting it to Microsoft as it looks like an IE bug, hopefully they
should be able to resolve it before they launch the full version.

Old April 30th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

"Beck" wrote in
:

Frazer Jolly Goodfellow wrote:
"Beck" wrote in
:

Has anyone managed to get the Plusnet website to work okay
with IE7? Whenever I log in, I get the menus down the left and
right of the page as normal, but nothing in the middle. So
the pages are blank. I have to use Opera to view it.

Works OK for me - IE7 beta 2 on XP Pro.

Can you check this for me please... login and then down the left
click on any of the sections for example "connection details".
When I go into any of the sections after logging in I just get
blanks.

Working OK for me. I'm running Version 7.0.5296.0 on XP Pro with all
latest MS Updates installed.
Old April 30th 06, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Bartholomew

"Frazer Jolly Goodfellow" wrote in message

Working OK for me. I'm running Version 7.0.5296.0 on XP Pro with all
latest MS Updates installed.

That's not the latest beta. 7.0.5346.5 was released three or four days ago
and is available from the MS web site.

Old April 30th 06, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

"Ian Bartholomew" wrote in
:

"Frazer Jolly Goodfellow" wrote in message

Working OK for me. I'm running Version 7.0.5296.0 on XP Pro
with all latest MS Updates installed.

That's not the latest beta. 7.0.5346.5 was released three or
four days ago and is available from the MS web site.

Ian,

Have just updated to that version and IE7 now exhibits the same
symptoms with the Plus Net site.
Old April 30th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Working OK for me. I'm running Version 7.0.5296.0 on XP Pro
with all latest MS Updates installed.

That's not the latest beta. 7.0.5346.5 was released three or
four days ago and is available from the MS web site.

Have just updated to that version and IE7 now exhibits the same
symptoms with the Plus Net site.

Same here. I hope the Beta gets properly test by Microsoft before release.

Peter Crosland