BT Voyager 2091

Old April 30th 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Desyfa

Default BT Voyager 2091

Hope someone can help. I've been reading quite a few posts, and think
I'm in the same boat as a few other Voyager 2091 users.

Right then. I was asked by a friend today to set up his BT Broadband
connection in their home, to connect three pcs wirelessly. After
connecting up one pc with the ethernet cable connected from the pc to
the router and the DSL line connected from the router to the telephone
socket, I installed the software and ran the "test connection" section
of the installation......"No Connection Found". I tried this for an
hour or so, to no avail. Then, all of a sudden the connection to the
Internet was found. Sounds strange, I know, but I discovered that the
router connected to the Internet at the exact time that someone had
picked the receiver of a phone up in the house. I tested this theory
for 2 hours, and it was proved!! The router only connected to the
network when a phone receiver in the house was picked up.

Has anyone else heard of this problem?? I guess after reading posts
about the Voyager 2091 that this router is not the best model on the
market and that I should get my friend a different one. I personally
use a D-Link G604T connecting to Freedom to Surf, and love it both the
router and the ISP.

If I was to take the option of getting my friend a different
router(e.g. a D-Link 604T), could anyone tell me the settings I would
need to enter into the new router. When I signed up to Freedom to
Surf, they sent me an email with all of the settings I needed to put
into the router along with a username and a password. My friend hasn't
received any information like this from BT, so I'm a bit worried that
if I get him a new router, I'll be bit stuck when trying to configure
it.

Hope someone can shed some light on the "Voyager 2091 Phone/Receiver
off the hook issue" and also point me in the direction of router
settings if I get an different model of router.

Thanks In Advance,

-Adam

Old April 30th 06, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Desyfa

Additionally, would I need to know a Primary, Secondary and Static IP
Adress for the BT Broadband connection.

Cheers,

-adam

Old May 1st 06, 07:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sucuba Dude

"Desyfa" wrote in message
oups.com...
Additionally, would I need to know a Primary, Secondary and Static IP
Adress for the BT Broadband connection.

Cheers,

-adam

See the answers you have been given in uk.comp.home-networking