Speedtouch 716v5 - can it be cascaded from cable ?

Old May 1st 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jim

Default Speedtouch 716v5 - can it be cascaded from cable ?

I am currently with NTL , but possibly looking to go to ADSL within a couple
of months.
I like the look and features of the speedtouch 716v5 , I need an ata that I
can plug pstn into etc (so only have one phone plugged in for the women in
the house). Rather than buy a separate ATA , I would like to buy one ready
for change to ADSL. Can I use all the features of the Speedtouch cascaded
off my Dlink cable router (i.e. no adsl connection) so using it as a
gateway. I haven't noticed an uplink port on the speedtouch

Thanks

Old May 1st 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Moonshine

Default Speedtouch 716v5 - can it be cascaded from cable ? - SW_EXP_voiceata_7xx_WL.tpl (0/1)

On Mon, 01 May 2006 09:46:21 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

I am currently with NTL , but possibly looking to go to ADSL within a couple
of months.
I like the look and features of the speedtouch 716v5 , I need an ata that I
can plug pstn into etc (so only have one phone plugged in for the women in
the house). Rather than buy a separate ATA , I would like to buy one ready
for change to ADSL. Can I use all the features of the Speedtouch cascaded
off my Dlink cable router (i.e. no adsl connection) so using it as a
gateway. I haven't noticed an uplink port on the speedtouch

Thanks

Yes - you can use the attached template to use Ethernet port 4 as the
WAN connection...

HTH
Old May 1st 06, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jim

Default Speedtouch 716v5 - can it be cascaded from cable ? - SW_EXP_voiceata_7xx_WL.tpl (1/1)

Thanks moonshine - how do you use the template ?

Ta

Old May 1st 06, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Moonshine

On Mon, 01 May 2006 11:45:27 GMT, "Jim" wrote:

Thanks moonshine - how do you use the template ?

Ta

2 ways...

Either by selecting it when using the setup wizard that comes on the
CD with the router.

or

If you make sure you upgrade to the 5.4 firmware or later first
(http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/716.asp) then you can use the web
interface to "restore a configuration" just browse to this template to
upload it (rename it to no more than 8 character file name with .tpl
extension first). You can then use the web based setup wizard and
select this template from the list.

Old May 1st 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marty C

"Moonshine" wrote in message

Yes - you can use the attached template to use Ethernet port 4 as the
WAN connection...

Moonshine,

What template please? Where do you find these?

I know that various templates come on the installation CD, but these seem to
be undocumented. Also, I am using firmware version 5.4, not the Shipping
Version 716WL = 5.3.2.6 UK, so presumably these may not work anyway. The
upgrade did not come with any new templates.

Many thanks

Marty C

Old May 1st 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Moonshine

On Mon, 1 May 2006 18:59:04 +0100, "Marty C"
wrote:

"Moonshine" wrote in message
.. .

Yes - you can use the attached template to use Ethernet port 4 as the
WAN connection...

Moonshine,

What template please? Where do you find these?

I know that various templates come on the installation CD, but these seem to
be undocumented. Also, I am using firmware version 5.4, not the Shipping
Version 716WL = 5.3.2.6 UK, so presumably these may not work anyway. The
upgrade did not come with any new templates.

Many thanks

Marty C

The Template was attached to post. I'm sure they will be put on the
SpeedTouch UK web site before long ;-)
Old May 1st 06, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marty C

"Moonshine" wrote in message

The Template was attached to post. I'm sure they will be put on the
SpeedTouch UK web site before long ;-)

No template attached to post this end. All I can see is Jim's frown!

Where did you get them from please?

Marty C