Another Talk Talk question

Old May 1st 06, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Default Another Talk Talk question

is it true that TalkTalk will 'share' the 8mb connection with others??

I spoke to AOL to get a MAC code, and they told me if 8 people were
using Talktalk @ once (from my area / exchange) everyone would get a
1mb connection. If 16 people were online, it will drop to 512 and so
on.

Is this true?

Old May 1st 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
is it true that TalkTalk will 'share' the 8mb connection with others??

I spoke to AOL to get a MAC code, and they told me if 8 people were
using Talktalk @ once (from my area / exchange) everyone would get a
1mb connection. If 16 people were online, it will drop to 512 and so
on.

Is this true?

When you rang AOL for your MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) or as you
posted Migration Authorisation Code Code, AOL wanted you to remain with
them, so they will tell you something about them they think may change your
mind.

However what they told is true, but then the same is true of AOL or any
other residential ADSL ISP, they all have a 50:1 contention at the exchange,
so whether you are on TalkTalk, AOL, Pipex, BT, Wanado, there is a
possibility you are sharing with several people.

--
Get out and vote in the upcoming local elections!

Old May 1st 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Xeonwales

So i shouldnt see much of a difference?

Old May 1st 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
So i shouldnt see much of a difference?

You shouldn't if TalkTalk was a decent service, unfortunately it is far from
decent, they don't have the infrastructure for the number of customers they
have now, or in fact for the number of customers they took on in the first 3
months.

With TalkTalk you will see poor speeds, always dropping connection,
throttled service, poor support, all in all you will receive a shoddy
service.

--
Get out and vote in the upcoming local elections!

Old May 1st 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Meggahurtz

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
With TalkTalk you will see poor speeds, always dropping connection,

Surely this is exchange specific problems though?

Old May 1st 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Dave P

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
So i shouldnt see much of a difference?

You shouldn't if TalkTalk was a decent service, unfortunately it is far
from decent, they don't have the infrastructure for the number of
customers they have now, or in fact for the number of customers they took
on in the first 3 months.

With TalkTalk you will see poor speeds, always dropping connection,
throttled service, poor support, all in all you will receive a shoddy
service.

--
Get out and vote in the upcoming local elections!

Are you with TalkTalk? I am and have a very good service.

Dave

Old May 1st 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Dave P:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in
message . uk...
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
So i shouldnt see much of a difference?

You shouldn't if TalkTalk was a decent service, unfortunately it is
far from decent, they don't have the infrastructure for the number of
customers they have now, or in fact for the number of customers they
took on in the first 3 months.

With TalkTalk you will see poor speeds, always dropping connection,
throttled service, poor support, all in all you will receive a shoddy
service.

--
Get out and vote in the upcoming local elections!

Are you with TalkTalk? I am and have a very good service.

Dave

Not now, they were that bad I got rid, poor isn't the word, they were worse
than that.

Old May 1st 06, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
ken r

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh Xeonwales:
So i shouldnt see much of a difference?

You shouldn't if TalkTalk was a decent service, unfortunately it is far
from decent, they don't have the infrastructure for the number of
customers they have now, or in fact for the number of customers they took
on in the first 3 months.

With TalkTalk you will see poor speeds, always dropping connection,
throttled service, poor support, all in all you will receive a shoddy
service.

Not to mention blocked ports and network shaping. So don't think about
using peer2peer software to share files. The product they are selling
doesn't have the full conditions stated, so they don't tell you it is only
good for email and browsing.
I wouldn't change over to talktalk, I would rather pay another ISP the cost
that they want for you signing up to free call packages!

Old May 1st 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Dave P

Are you with TalkTalk? I am and have a very good service.

Dave

Not now, they were that bad I got rid, poor isn't the word, they were
worse than that.

Well that's your experience. Mine is different. I enjoy a good service,
reliable and consistent speeds. You don't use them so what do you know?

Dave

Old May 1st 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Xeonwales

so i cant use bit torrent with TT??