Skype cordless phone & Windows ME

Old May 1st 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Skype cordless phone & Windows ME

Hi

I have a laptop running Windows ME. I use Skype and would like to get a
cordless phone for it. The Linksys CIT200 looks good but I'd like to
check compatibility.

The data sheet (see link below) lists Windows XP or 2000 in the minimum
system requirements. I think I heard that Windows ME is based on
Windows 2000. Does this mean that it should be OK?

Many thanks for your advice, or recommendations for other Skype
cordless phones which are compatible with ME.

http://tinyurl.com/rj6cw

The tinyurl is a shortened link to this page:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...s itorWrapper

Old May 2nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I mainly phone China which is 1.4 p per minute on Skype (no
subscription), and 4p per minute on vonage and freetalk (subscription)
as far as i know.

Old May 2nd 06, 11:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

0 €uro cents per min. really - still nowt whichever way you look at it

Old May 3rd 06, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thanks for the suggestions. They're certainly cheap - I'll check them
out.