Netgear TA612V query.

Old May 1st 06, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Benjamin

Default Netgear TA612V query.

Open firmware for the TA612V is now available through the sipgate
website. Go to http://www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear, login and then chose
open Firmware from the list on the right.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Take care,

Ben
Old May 2nd 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Benjamin

Ivor Jones wrote:
Ben, have you done this yet..?

Not yet, but I will be when I return home...

I'd be interested to know how you got on with it if you have, as I know
a couple of people with this unit who are interested, but don't want to
take the plunge so to speak until they've heard from someone who's done
it (successfully..!)

I rather suspect that it is essentially the same firmware, but with the
VoIP menus unlocked.

Also, does the upgrade erase your existing Sipgate configuration data..?

I understand that it does... but it's easy enough to enter by hand!

I'll keep you updated once I get round to it - I'm hoping that it might
provide an answer to my DTMF from the PSTN problem!

Take care,

Ben