ATA's (Sipura) vs VOIP hansets

Old May 1st 06, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Kev

Default ATA's (Sipura) vs VOIP hansets

Hi,

What problems/gotcha's if any may be encountered with the Sipura ATA's in
conjunction with a Draytek 2600plus?

The reason I'm thinking about an ATA rather than a VOIP handset is so that
I can re-use a spare DECT handset and base station. Am I better off buying
a VOIP handset instead e.g. Grandstream or Snom? What are the pro's and cons.

Cheers
Kevin

Old May 1st 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Kev used his keyboard to write :
Hi,

What problems/gotcha's if any may be encountered with the Sipura ATA's in
conjunction with a Draytek 2600plus?

Have you bought either yet? I couldn't get anyone at Draytek, or its
suppliers to confirm that their routers don't "break" sip.

The Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT(Voip) firmware works a treat.

The reason I'm thinking about an ATA rather than a VOIP handset is so that I
can re-use a spare DECT handset and base station.

An SPA works very well with a cordless set.

Am I better off buying a
VOIP handset instead e.g. Grandstream or Snom? What are the pro's and cons.

6 of one & half a dozen of the other, I think. Perhaps the ATA is more
flexible......

Cheers
Kevin

Old May 1st 06, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Jono wrote:
Kev used his keyboard to write :
Am I better off buying a VOIP handset instead e.g. Grandstream or
Snom? What are the pro's and cons.

6 of one & half a dozen of the other, I think. Perhaps the ATA is more
flexible......

I use both personally, the voip handsets have useful functionality like
Call forward and Hold (being on a button rather than dialling a short code).
Alternatively, they are prohibitavely expensive if you want a wireless
one, when compared to a dect phone and ata.

Personally I can't wait for the nokia e series to be released.
Old May 1st 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Mon, 1 May 2006 16:47:47 +0000 (UTC), Kev
wrote:

What problems/gotcha's if any may be encountered with the Sipura ATA's in
conjunction with a Draytek 2600plus?

Works fine for me.
Old May 2nd 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Kev

Hello Kev,

Hi,

What problems/gotcha's if any may be encountered with the Sipura ATA's
in conjunction with a Draytek 2600plus?

The reason I'm thinking about an ATA rather than a VOIP handset is so
that I can re-use a spare DECT handset and base station. Am I better
off buying a VOIP handset instead e.g. Grandstream or Snom? What are
the pro's and cons.

Cheers
Kevin

Hi Guys,