Plus.Net DSL Max - PAYG + "queue jumping"

Old May 2nd 06, 12:09 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default Plus.Net DSL Max - PAYG + "queue jumping"

On 02 May 2006, Plusnet Support Team wrote:

Next we have committed to upgrading PAYG customers alongside
the queue jumpers.

You'd better tell your PN forum moderators that you've moved the
goalposts again... One posted only on Friday/Saturday to say he
thought he was in the first 900 users and so far as he knew none
of the queue jump tickets were being processed until after PAYG,
and that is expected to take a month (though James was unable to
give any starting date for actual submissions, so plenty of your
users will still be in the dark as to whether you have now given
4500 or 9000 orders to BT Wholesale - it being around 2 weeks on
from the announcement of 21/03, if that was the actual date. It
is rather confusing that having stated the "queue jumpers" would
not be processed, yourself and Dave T have both contradicted the
previous statements.

I saw Alex Heney mention his "queue jump" submission one day and
that the next things were in motion. He didn't comment on where
in his billing cycle he was, in case that coincided too, and may
have actually been the cause of the switch to DSL Max, but if he
has had it as a result of the queue jump submission, why not the
PN forum moderator too ?

James indicated, when someone asked about switching priority for
"queue jumpers" to go before PAYG that the staff would get quite
suicidal if there was yet another U-turn, yet that seems to have
happened (and certainly not for the first time). Yes, I know a
joke was intended, but clearly the customers are confused by you
spending 7 days with one plan, then switching to a new one, only
ever "announcing" these in postings on your web site forum, some
on ADSLguide "discussion boards", some perhaps on IRC (is that a
secret facility as it seems not to be mentioned nowadays, so PUG
and staff might sit on IRC to chatter among themselves :-)

Laugh ? No, I am not sure I laugh at pantomimes any more... It
must be the "grumpy old man" syndrome getting to me :- Peter M