Freedom 2 Surf/Scam

Old May 2nd 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Freedom 2 Surf/Scam

I called Freedom 2 Surf's Premium Rate sales line, but after loosing 1.50
and no answer decided to hang up.

Is this a legit company, or some Nigerian phone scam?

Has anyone actually managed to get through or use their service?

Thanks

Old May 2nd 06, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Zaaza wrote in message

I called Freedom 2 Surf's Premium Rate sales line, but
after loosing 1.50 and no answer decided to hang up.

Is this a legit company, or some Nigerian phone scam?

Has anyone actually managed to get through or use their
service?
Thanks

No idea, but anyone who calls a premium rate number is asking to lose
money IMHO.

Ivor

Old May 2nd 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joao Saraiva

They have a geographical number 01727 811530. This number used to give
access to all services, but recently it stopped giving access to Technical
Support ... (guess why !!)

Anyway if you have a technical problem the 0870 line is the only one
available ... and they will not give away any geo number :-(((

Old May 2nd 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 2 May 2006 13:48, Zaaza wrote:

I called Freedom 2 Surf's Premium Rate sales line, ...

Suggest you complain via www.webuser.co.uk www.uk-bug.net www.net4now.com
www.ISPreview.co.uk and the discussion boards of www.ADSLguide.org plus
the BBC and anywhere else you can think of. Might get the cash back
from the firm, if you make enough fuss.

Seems silly, if it is a Sales line, to be on a premium rate number,
unless, like Demon, and Plus.Net, they prefer online sign-up.

Has anyone actually managed to get through or use their service?

They're an established service, but were bought by Pipex last year
(check news sections of www.uk-bug.net and the others mentioned for
the firm, or Pipex, and you'll see the date - August 2005 I think).
Old May 2nd 06, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Retired

Whenever I need to call a premium rate number, I look here first

http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk/

You might even find that the company has a Freephone number, as I did with
Evesham Computers, much to their annoyance!!!

Retired

Old May 2nd 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Yes I use that saynoto0870 site all the time, and also give them landline
numbers when I find them. Though companies often close them down.

I'm with Pipex now, but they're damned expensive so need to move.

I noticed that Parliament has just passed a bill ending the 0870 scam, where
people think they're calling a national number but get charged 7-9p/min, but
I don't know when this comes into force. Anyone know?

Thanks for the landline number of this company.

Old May 2nd 06, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

Zaaza wrote in :

I called Freedom 2 Surf's Premium Rate sales line, but after loosing
1.50 and no answer decided to hang up.

Is this a legit company, or some Nigerian phone scam?

Has anyone actually managed to get through or use their service?

F2S's sale's number is 0870 242 3758, not a premium rate line.

--
Phil
http://www.philipchung.co.uk/
Old May 2nd 06, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Just got through to them, they've got a pretty good contract available.

No migration fee, no 12 month contract, most amazing of all, English
operators who speak actual English.

The price is not bad too.

And as i don't have to call their premium rate 0870 number, where they make
lots of money while I'm on hold, ( I think they make 4p/min) I don't mind
calling them.

Cheers

Old May 2nd 06, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Phil Chung opined loudly:
Zaaza wrote in :

I called Freedom 2 Surf's Premium Rate sales line, but after loosing
1.50 and no answer decided to hang up.

Is this a legit company, or some Nigerian phone scam?

Has anyone actually managed to get through or use their service?

F2S's sale's number is 0870 242 3758, not a premium rate line.

0870 numbers are premium rate -- they cost more than a normal call
3 p normal 8 p - 10 p premium
--

Yddap

Old May 2nd 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Yddap wrote:

0870 numbers are premium rate -- they cost more than a normal call
3 p normal 8 p - 10 p premium

Thats not premium rate, thats national rate.