A good software firewall for 98SE ?

Old May 3rd 06, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default A good software firewall for 98SE ?

On 03 May 2006, Alex. wrote:

Can somebody recommend a good software alternative I can suggest he use
until I have time to sort him an Ethernet card, and a router?

Tiny Software's personal firewall product, which you might find still on
some archive web sites (and which allows remote access, so you could do
a check of what connections are established from his PC, and alter the
set of rules, again on *his* PC, if he needed assistance). There's also
the Kerio distribution - both are numbered 2.1.15 - which allows the set
of rules to be saved (in case of a reinstall, perhaps, or to crib the
rules from one PC to another). I feel sure I have copies of both,
and a PDF about Tiny's version, at least.

NB there is a limit to the number of rules which can be saved, and there
is the need for some 'learning' of your wishes, of course. I've never
used Zone Alarm so don't know how well these two compare, sorry, so
can only say to try it out... Peter Morgan.