A good software firewall for 98SE ?

Old May 3rd 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Broomhall

Default A good software firewall for 98SE ?

On Wed, 03 May 2006 10:26:26 +0100, Alex. wrote:

Hi, I'm running Zone Alarm at home (until I get a router), and I'm
basically running exactly the same setup on my Fathers PC. 98SE Pentium
3 450, 256Mb of RAM. It crashes too often, which we have put this down
to Zone Alarm not being too hot on a 98SE system.

Can somebody recommend a good software alternative I can suggest he use
until I have time to sort him an Ethernet card, and a router?

I have no problems running ZA (the free one) on a Win98SE box. If
it crashes a lot then you have some other problem I'd say.

Regards,
Harry.

Old May 3rd 06, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Harry Broomhall
wrote
On Wed, 03 May 2006 10:26:26 +0100, Alex. wrote:

Hi, I'm running Zone Alarm at home (until I get a router), and I'm
basically running exactly the same setup on my Fathers PC. 98SE Pentium
3 450, 256Mb of RAM. It crashes too often, which we have put this down
to Zone Alarm not being too hot on a 98SE system.

Can somebody recommend a good software alternative I can suggest he use
until I have time to sort him an Ethernet card, and a router?

I have no problems running ZA (the free one) on a Win98SE box. If
it crashes a lot then you have some other problem I'd say.

I'm also running the free ZA on Win98SE without problems (USB modem)

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com