A good software firewall for 98SE ?

Old May 3rd 06, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter James

Default A good software firewall for 98SE ?

"Alex." wrote in message
Hi, I'm running Zone Alarm at home (until I get a router), and I'm
basically running exactly the same setup on my Fathers PC. 98SE Pentium
3 450, 256Mb of RAM. It crashes too often, which we have put this down
to Zone Alarm not being too hot on a 98SE system.

Can somebody recommend a good software alternative I can suggest he use
until I have time to sort him an Ethernet card, and a router?

I have had no problems whatsoever with ZA on 98SE. As others have said look
elsewhere for your problem.

--
Peter

Old May 3rd 06, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article , Peter James
writes
"Alex." wrote in message
.. .
Hi, I'm running Zone Alarm at home (until I get a router), and I'm
basically running exactly the same setup on my Fathers PC. 98SE Pentium
3 450, 256Mb of RAM. It crashes too often, which we have put this down
to Zone Alarm not being too hot on a 98SE system.

Can somebody recommend a good software alternative I can suggest he use
until I have time to sort him an Ethernet card, and a router?

I have had no problems whatsoever with ZA on 98SE. As others have said look
elsewhere for your problem.

No problems here either but I did hear a few moans about ZA problems in
later versions as the functionality increased, I picked a stable version
(2.6.362) and have stuck with it. It's still available for download he
http://www.voodoofiles.com/4860
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla