SKYPE

Old May 3rd 06, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cap Smith

Default SKYPE

I am having a bad time with Skype? My friends say it works fine. Is it
because I am on Plusnet BBplus? Would things improve if I moved say to
premier?

CS

Old May 3rd 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeff

"Cap Smith" wrote in message
I am having a bad time with Skype? My friends say it works fine. Is it
because I am on Plusnet BBplus? Would things improve if I moved say to
premier?

CS

What problems are you having exactly??? You don't say anything about the
nature of the problems....

Skype works OK on a dial-up connection, so is your plusnet broadband *THAT*
slow?

Jeff

Old May 3rd 06, 10:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cap Smith

"Jeff" wrote in message

"Cap Smith" wrote in message
I am having a bad time with Skype? My friends say it works fine. Is it
because I am on Plusnet BBplus? Would things improve if I moved say to
premier?

CS

What problems are you having exactly??? You don't say anything about the
nature of the problems....

Skype works OK on a dial-up connection, so is your plusnet broadband
*THAT*
slow?

Jeff

Persons at the other end can only hear every 2nd word I say.

Old May 4th 06, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Cap Smith wrote:
I am having a bad time with Skype? My friends say it works fine. Is it
because I am on Plusnet BBplus? Would things improve if I moved say to
premier?

Possibly - ask plus net or on their forums.
Old May 4th 06, 12:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeff

"Cap Smith" wrote in message

Persons at the other end can only hear every 2nd word I say.

Err...

What speed is your PC processor?

What Operating system are you running?

How much memory do you have installed in your PC?

Are you using an headset for Skype?

Are you using an onboard sound card?

Do you connect to the internet using a USB, a wireless router, or a direct
wired LAN?

Are you using the latest version of Skype that has video support?

Is the problem there all the time, of when you are downloading/browsing the
net at the same time?

Jeff

Old May 4th 06, 03:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Skype is just P2P software / application.
PlusNet uses 'traffic shaping' to restrict the 'file swap' P2P usage.
So you need to ask them.
Regards,
Martin