voip.co.uk and Engaged Tones

Old May 4th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default voip.co.uk and Engaged Tones

I have recently discovered that I am getting a continuous unobtainable
tone when a called number is engaged using voip.co.uk.

I am using a Sipura SPA3K and the setting in Regional|Busy Tone: is
/1)

Anyone else having this problem?

If not then there must be an incorrect setting in the SPA3K somewhere,
but I do not know where.

David
Old May 4th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
grumpy

Try get rid of the - in front of 400, changing -19 to -20 it may help your
situation
Im new to voip so I can't give you much help, but i saw this in a previous
post. .

Click on the link on this page
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html
Sipura UK Regional Settings.
its got the uk config setup
dave

Old May 4th 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

[Logically re-arranged]

In message of Thu, 4 May 2006, grumpy writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
I have recently discovered that I am getting a continuous unobtainable tone
when a called number is engaged using voip.co.uk.

I am using a Sipura SPA3K and the setting in Regional|Busy Tone:
is /1)

Try get rid of the - in front of 400, changing -19 to -20 it may help your
situation

That's email formatting. When I sent it there was a 'dash' after 'is'
followed by a 'carriage return'. So there is no '-' before '400'. I
will try your other suggestion.

Click on the link on this page
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html
Sipura UK Regional Settings.

Thanks for that pointer - I will book-mark it.

David

Old May 5th 06, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 4 May 2006 20:14:30 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

[Logically re-arranged]

In message of Thu, 4 May 2006, grumpy writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message
I have recently discovered that I am getting a continuous unobtainable tone
when a called number is engaged using voip.co.uk.

I am using a Sipura SPA3K and the setting in Regional|Busy Tone:
is /1)

Try get rid of the - in front of 400, changing -19 to -20 it may help your
situation

That's email formatting. When I sent it there was a 'dash' after 'is'
followed by a 'carriage return'. So there is no '-' before '400'. I
will try your other suggestion.

Click on the link on this page
http://www.provu.co.uk/support.html
Sipura UK Regional Settings.

Thanks for that pointer - I will book-mark it.

David

I can't remember now just where, exactly, but somewhere on voxilla
there is a lot of info. on UK regional settings.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 5th 06, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 5 May 2006, Brian A writes
wrote:

"David Floyd" wrote in message
I have recently discovered that I am getting a continuous unobtainable tone
when a called number is engaged using voip.co.uk.

I am using a Sipura SPA3K and the setting in Regional|Busy Tone:
is /1)

I can't remember now just where, exactly, but somewhere on voxilla
there is a lot of info. on UK regional settings.

That's where I got my original settings from. And it would seem logical
to me that engaged tone should be /1)

However I'm getting unobtainable with voip.co.uk when the called party
is engaged.

Anybody get this with voip.co.uk before I take it up with them?

Thanks,
David

Old May 5th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message

[snip]
I can't remember now just where, exactly, but somewhere
on voxilla there is a lot of info. on UK regional
settings.

That's where I got my original settings from. And it
would seem logical to me that engaged tone should be
/1)
However I'm getting unobtainable with voip.co.uk when the
called party is engaged.

Anybody get this with voip.co.uk before I take it up with
them?
Thanks,
David

Busy tone on my Sipura SPA-2000 is /1+2)

Works for me.

Ivor

Old May 5th 06, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Fri, 5 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

"David Floyd" wrote in message

[snip]
I can't remember now just where, exactly, but somewhere
on voxilla there is a lot of info. on UK regional
settings.

That's where I got my original settings from. And it
would seem logical to me that engaged tone should be
/1)
However I'm getting unobtainable with voip.co.uk when the
called party is engaged.

Anybody get this with voip.co.uk before I take it up with
them?
Thanks,
David

Busy tone on my Sipura SPA-2000 is /1+2)

Works for me.

Works for you on voip.co.uk ?

Anyway, your setting is the default for the USA system.

David
Old May 6th 06, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

"David Floyd" wrote in message
I have recently discovered that I am getting a continuous unobtainable tone
when a called number is engaged using voip.co.uk.

I am using a Sipura SPA3K and the setting in Regional|Busy Tone:
is /1)

I can't remember now just where, exactly, but somewhere on voxilla
there is a lot of info. on UK regional settings.

That's where I got my original settings from. And it would seem logical
to me that engaged tone should be /1)

However I'm getting unobtainable with voip.co.uk when the called party
is engaged.

Anybody get this with voip.co.uk before I take it up with them?

Thanks,
David

I got the same thing tonight. I called several times to a number and
got the unobtainable tone. I called the same number on my mobile and
the number was engaged. I haven't changed anything and I THINK it used
to work OK so it might be something that voip.co.uk has done.
btw, for anyone else who interested this is a link to the regional UK
settings.
http://tinyurl.com/eubor

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 6th 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

wrote:

"David Floyd" wrote in message
I have recently discovered that I am getting a continuous
unobtainable tone
when a called number is engaged using voip.co.uk.

I am using a Sipura SPA3K and the setting in Regional|Busy Tone:
is /1)

Anybody get this with voip.co.uk before I take it up with them?

I got the same thing tonight. I called several times to a number and
got the unobtainable tone. I called the same number on my mobile and
the number was engaged. I haven't changed anything and I THINK it used
to work OK so it might be something that voip.co.uk has done.

Thanks for that - it seems like a voip.co.uk problem then, rather than a
Sipura setting. I will take it up with voip.co.uk.

David
Old May 6th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

David Floyd submitted this idea :
wrote:

"David Floyd" wrote in message
I have recently discovered that I am getting a continuous unobtainable
tone
when a called number is engaged using voip.co.uk.

I am using a Sipura SPA3K and the setting in Regional|Busy Tone:
is /1)

Anybody get this with voip.co.uk before I take it up with them?

I got the same thing tonight. I called several times to a number and
got the unobtainable tone. I called the same number on my mobile and
the number was engaged. I haven't changed anything and I THINK it used
to work OK so it might be something that voip.co.uk has done.

Thanks for that - it seems like a voip.co.uk problem then, rather than a
Sipura setting. I will take it up with voip.co.uk.

David

I get engaged tone when ringing an engaged number with voip.co.uk
(using Asterisk)