206 metres from exchange

Old May 4th 06, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ben

Default 206 metres from exchange

What type of speed do you think I'd be able to acheive on Max?

Old May 4th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Munish

"Ben" wrote in message
What type of speed do you think I'd be able to acheive on Max?

Enter your details he http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php

It should tell you the max speed.

HTH

Munish

Old May 4th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nick

8128 sync

Old May 4th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Munish" wrote in message

"Ben" wrote in message
What type of speed do you think I'd be able to acheive on Max?

Enter your details he http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php

It should tell you the max speed.

That seems a good thorough checker but I cannot see a key for the different
shades of green and what they mean

Old May 4th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Beck formulated on Thursday :
"Munish" wrote in message

"Ben" wrote in message
What type of speed do you think I'd be able to acheive on Max?

Enter your details he http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php

It should tell you the max speed.

That seems a good thorough checker but I cannot see a key for the different
shades of green and what they mean

Read the line directly below the graph.

Old May 4th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

yonder.com.co.uk...
"Munish" wrote in message

"Ben" wrote in message
What type of speed do you think I'd be able to acheive on Max?

Enter your details he http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php

It should tell you the max speed.

That seems a good thorough checker but I cannot see a key for the
different shades of green and what they mean

Read the line directly below the graph.

I saw that bit, it said I should be able to get 1.5Mbps and above, but I
would like to know what the above might be. The colours were in stages,
could be that darker colours were possible speeds.

Old May 4th 06, 07:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James

On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:57:32 +0100, "Ben" wrote:

What type of speed do you think I'd be able to acheive on Max?

Depends on if your line goes into the exchange via your back garden or
via the next town................it happens !

James
Old May 4th 06, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Retired

I've got a so called 8Mb service and live about a mile and a half (say 2.5Km
in Napoleonic measurements) from the exchange as the road goes (and I assume
the cables).
My modem / router shows just under 6 Mb.

Retired

Old May 4th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Thu, 4 May 2006 21:28:10 +0100, "Retired"
news(at)the(hyphen)edwards(dot)org(dot)uk wrote:

I've got a so called 8Mb service and live about a mile and a half (say 2.5Km
in Napoleonic measurements) from the exchange as the road goes (and I assume
the cables).

Best not assume the cables follow the road from the exchange to your
house. Also best not assume the pair serving you is of copper, or that
the E side is fault free.
--
Peter