SMS via Sipgate

Old May 4th 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Newman

Default SMS via Sipgate

Just some info for you. Since sipgate added their sms service (a few months
ago?) I had sent about 10 messages, only 1 had arrived, so I had given up
using it. A few days ago I complained to sipgate. They were very helpful,
and have sorted the problem. They said they have rerouted the sms's. It now
works fine. If you too had given up on it, you may find it works better now.

Paul.

Old May 4th 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Paul Newman" wrote in message

Just some info for you. Since sipgate added their sms
service (a few months ago?) I had sent about 10 messages,
only 1 had arrived, so I had given up using it. A few
days ago I complained to sipgate. They were very helpful,
and have sorted the problem. They said they have rerouted
the sms's. It now works fine. If you too had given up on
it, you may find it works better now.
Paul.

I rarely use it, except on the rare occasion I need to send an SMS
overseas, as I get free messages within the UK on my original Orange Out
Here SIM, plus the Orange website, but on the few occasions I have used
Sipgate's SMS gateway it has always worked, except for a couple of times
for a day or two after it first came online.

Ivor

Old May 4th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TKD

Just some info for you. Since sipgate added their sms service (a few
months ago?) I had sent about 10 messages, only 1 had arrived, so I had
given up using it. A few days ago I complained to sipgate. They were very
helpful, and have sorted the problem. They said they have rerouted the
sms's. It now works fine. If you too had given up on it, you may find it
works better now.

It always works ok when I send single SMS messages but the muli-part ones
come through as gibberish on some fairly recent Nokia handsets.

Old May 4th 06, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"TKD" wrote in message

Just some info for you. Since sipgate added their sms
service (a few months ago?) I had sent about 10
messages, only 1 had arrived, so I had given up using
it. A few days ago I complained to sipgate. They were
very helpful, and have sorted the problem. They said
they have rerouted the sms's. It now works fine. If you
too had given up on it, you may find it works better
now.

It always works ok when I send single SMS messages but
the muli-part ones come through as gibberish on some
fairly recent Nokia handsets.

I've never trusted mult-part SMS. I've had problems with them on many
different types of phone. I think it's inherent in the way messages are
broken up into parts rather than anything specific to one phone or
provider.

Ivor

Old May 8th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen Douglas

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

.

I've never trusted mult-part SMS. I've had problems with them on many
different types of phone. I think it's inherent in the way messages are
broken up into parts rather than anything specific to one phone or
provider.

Ivor

Anyone else having an issue, with texts from Sipgate to O2 not getting
through?? When I asked I got an email saying the didnt know what the problem
was, and credited my account for failed messages.

Cheers

Steve

Sipgate.de {{{{{Welcome}}}}} uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 10 April 29th 06 01:45 AM
SIPGATE - please help!! voiper uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 April 14th 06 12:22 PM
sipgate SK uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 0 September 8th 05 07:24 PM
Sipgate - Again {{{{{Welcome}}}}} uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 21 July 5th 05 12:26 PM