ADSL Max - Training 10 days actual or 240 hrs on line?

Old May 5th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul C

Default ADSL Max - Training 10 days actual or 240 hrs on line?

Hi
ADSL Max still adjusting after 13 days. I turn off modem during day because
in evening and night the connection is much poorer. Connects at 6208 during
day and stays up no problem. In eve and night it drops to ~ 4900.

I don't want it connecting at higher rate for the times I use it the most
and then it keeps dropping out.

So is the training period 10 calendar days or the equivalent 240 hrs
on-line?

(However, I am not moaning as I could only get 1Mb before so even 4x is a
vast improvement and I have got 5K download speed at times)

thanks

Paul

Old May 5th 06, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 5 May 2006 15:46:37 +0100, "nick" wrote:
"Paul C" wrote in message
Hi
ADSL Max still adjusting after 13 days. I turn off modem during day
because in evening and night the connection is much poorer. Connects at
6208 during day and stays up no problem. In eve and night it drops to ~
4900.

I don't want it connecting at higher rate for the times I use it the most
and then it keeps dropping out.

So is the training period 10 calendar days or the equivalent 240 hrs
on-line?

(However, I am not moaning as I could only get 1Mb before so even 4x is a
vast improvement and I have got 5K download speed at times)

its 3 days until you should see the increase. reconnect it every day for the
first 3 days.

Where do you get three days from?
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Iraq's national bird?, "DUCK"
Old May 6th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stu C

"Paul C" wrote in message
[...]

it took about 3 days for mine too stabilise (linksys modem) although never
turned it off...

Old May 6th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nemo2

"Paul C" wrote in message
Hi
ADSL Max still adjusting after 13 days. I turn off modem during day
because in evening and night the connection is much poorer. Connects at
6208 during day and stays up no problem. In eve and night it drops to ~
4900.

I don't want it connecting at higher rate for the times I use it the most
and then it keeps dropping out.

So is the training period 10 calendar days or the equivalent 240 hrs
on-line?

(However, I am not moaning as I could only get 1Mb before so even 4x is a
vast improvement and I have got 5K download speed at times)

its 3 days until you should see the increase. reconnect it every day for the
first 3 days.

Where do you get three days from?

Your on Plusnet so try this link:

https://www.plus.net/features/highsp...ink=mc_helpbox

nemo2
Old May 7th 06, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

"Paul C" wrote in message
Hi
ADSL Max still adjusting after 13 days. I turn off modem during day
because in evening and night the connection is much poorer. Connects at
6208 during day and stays up no problem. In eve and night it drops to ~
4900.

I don't want it connecting at higher rate for the times I use it the most
and then it keeps dropping out.

So is the training period 10 calendar days or the equivalent 240 hrs
on-line?

(However, I am not moaning as I could only get 1Mb before so even 4x is a
vast improvement and I have got 5K download speed at times)

its 3 days until you should see the increase. reconnect it every day for the
first 3 days.

Where do you get three days from?

Your on Plusnet so try this link:

https://www.plus.net/features/highsp...ink=mc_helpbox

OK, I can see now how he misunderstood that.

It is 10 days. The mention of 3 days in that article is for later, if
the characteristics of your line change
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Put on your seatbelt. I'm gonna try something new.
Old May 7th 06, 06:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

"Paul C" wrote in message
Hi
ADSL Max still adjusting after 13 days. I turn off modem during day
because in evening and night the connection is much poorer. Connects at
6208 during day and stays up no problem. In eve and night it drops to ~
4900.

I don't want it connecting at higher rate for the times I use it the most
and then it keeps dropping out.

So is the training period 10 calendar days or the equivalent 240 hrs
on-line?

This is a good explanation.

http://aaisp.net/maxmagic.html