ADSLMax

Old May 5th 06, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Niaz

Default ADSLMax

Anyone know if I need new hardware to upgrade to ADSL MAX or will my current
router/microfilters do the job?

--
Niaz
[..getting old & still playing video games ..]

Old May 5th 06, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Niaz wrote:
Anyone know if I need new hardware to upgrade to ADSL MAX or will my current
router/microfilters do the job?

Microfilters won't need changing; router will (almost) certainly do the
job. If you end up with a really unstable line, then it could pay to get
a 'professional' router - one that's designed to hold onto the
connection (say, a ZyXEL), but that's (fairly) unlikely...

xF,

....Nick
Old May 5th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Chung

"Niaz" wrote in
:

Anyone know if I need new hardware to upgrade to ADSL MAX or will my
current router/microfilters do the job?

Should be okay. If you had a USB modem, I'd say go and get a router, but
it seems you already have a router.

--
Phil
http://www.philipchung.co.uk/
Old May 5th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Fri, 5 May 2006 16:13:30 +0100, "Niaz"
wrote:

Anyone know if I need new hardware to upgrade to ADSL MAX or will my current
router/microfilters do the job?

Virtually all existing routers are designed to cope with at least 8Mb
connections, so you shouldn't need to replace that.

And microfilters don't care in the least what speed the line is.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Death benefits = oxymoron.