Withheld CLI on PlusTalk

Old May 5th 06, 02:29 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Default Withheld CLI on PlusTalk

I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
19096451; clearly it's doing in the heads of several CSAs too).

When I make a call with PlusTalk (PlusNet's VoIP SIP product) my CLI is
withheld. When I make a call with Sipgate it isn't.

The latest suggestion from PlusNet is to "change the settings in your
router", which when I enquired further was made on the assumption I had
a VoIP router.

Is there really anything that I can do to get the PlusNet SIP gateway to
present (useful) CLI on outgoing calls? If so what setting should I
be looking for, and how come it needs tweaking for PlusNet but not for
Sipgate?

Cheers,
Chris
Old May 5th 06, 04:56 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.voip
R.Daneel Olivaw

"Chris Davies" wrote in message
I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
19096451; clearly it's doing in the heads of several CSAs too).

When I make a call with PlusTalk (PlusNet's VoIP SIP product) my CLI is
withheld. When I make a call with Sipgate it isn't.

The latest suggestion from PlusNet is to "change the settings in your
router", which when I enquired further was made on the assumption I had
a VoIP router.

Is there really anything that I can do to get the PlusNet SIP gateway to
present (useful) CLI on outgoing calls? If so what setting should I
be looking for, and how come it needs tweaking for PlusNet but not for
Sipgate?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi - I have just started using PlusTalk today and found this very problem
with my first call. The person I tried to ring has his phone set to reject
anonymous numbers and so I can't get through using X-Lite and PlusTalk - any
advice anyone?

Old May 5th 06, 06:25 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.voip
PlusNet Support Team

R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
[...]

Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe
this is possible at present.

Regards,

--
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old May 5th 06, 06:38 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.voip
R.Daneel Olivaw

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message
R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
"Chris Davies" wrote in message
I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
19096451; clearly it's doing in the heads of several CSAs too).

When I make a call with PlusTalk (PlusNet's VoIP SIP product) my CLI is
withheld. When I make a call with Sipgate it isn't.

The latest suggestion from PlusNet is to "change the settings in your
router", which when I enquired further was made on the assumption I had
a VoIP router.

Is there really anything that I can do to get the PlusNet SIP gateway to
present (useful) CLI on outgoing calls? If so what setting should I
be looking for, and how come it needs tweaking for PlusNet but not for
Sipgate?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi - I have just started using PlusTalk today and found this very problem
with my first call. The person I tried to ring has his phone set to
reject anonymous numbers and so I can't get through using X-Lite and
PlusTalk - any advice anyone?

Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe this
is possible at present.

Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Training & Project Liaison Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc www.plus.net
+ ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

Hmm - on a quick tot up about a third of the people I ring rejects anonymous
numbers!

Old May 6th 06, 12:07 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.voip
Joker7

: R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
: "Chris Davies" wrote in message
: ...
: I've been doing my head in for a month on this at the moment (ticket
:big snip
:
: Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe
: this is possible at present.
:
: Regards,
:
: --
: |Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
: |Training & Project Liaison Home & Business @
: |PlusNet plc www.plus.net
: + ----- PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

As always a non-committed answer,If this is so should this be something you
should take up with your partners?

Chris

--
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old May 6th 06, 08:54 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Plusnet Support Team wrote:
Due to the peering between us and our VOIP partners, I don't believe
this is possible at present.

OK, thanks Bob.

Could you please advise your CS Team of this fact. The several who have
contributed to my ticket 19096451 are convinced it's a problem on my side.

Secondly, please would you take this up with your VoIP Partner(s);
no-one should really need to be presenting Withheld these days.

Many thanks,
Chris