Advice wanted : switching to Bulldog ..

Old May 5th 06, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Centurion

Default Advice wanted : switching to Bulldog ..

Hi

Been looking for a new ISP recently as BT+2mb unlimited Zen is costing me
nearly 80pm and was wondering if Bulldog which seems to offer 8mb unlimited
(is it really totally unlimted ie no dload limits or speed shaping?) + phone
for around 30pm because my exchange has now been enabled for Bulldog LLU.
Do you think this is a good deal or should I steer clear of bulldog?

thanks for any good advice

JD

Old May 5th 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dj Toonz

"Centurion" wrote in message
Hi

Been looking for a new ISP recently as BT+2mb unlimited Zen is costing me
nearly 80pm and was wondering if Bulldog which seems to offer 8mb
unlimited (is it really totally unlimted ie no dload limits or speed
shaping?) + phone for around 30pm because my exchange has now been
enabled for Bulldog LLU. Do you think this is a good deal or should I
steer clear of bulldog?

thanks for any good advice

JD

hi bud , Bulldog is unlimited , i'm on bulldog myself and it is excellent
value in my exprence, i've jsut upgraded to the 16 meg double speed service
what there providing right now 24/7/365 unlimited use of the service that
includes 16 meg download & 1meg upload aswell , all the ports are opened,no
port throtling, i've been with them from jan this year and had no trouble
yet with the service, Hope that helps

-------------
Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com

Old May 5th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
STEPHEN

how is there customer service like, are they helpful and is it a 09 or
premium number as well

Stephen

--

" You three are a right pair
if I've ever seen one"

Old May 6th 06, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"STEPHEN" wrote in message
how is there customer service like, are they helpful and is it a 09 or
premium number as well

never used their customer service,. but they have been warned by Oftel
because of dire customer service. It did take them 3 months to get my
billing right. Tried upgrading to their 16meg svc yesterday, but their web
page says it doesn't recognise my fone number, the one they supplied !!

P.

Old May 6th 06, 06:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Just myself

Dont switch, you'll have problems i was lucky and switched back to BT

Old May 6th 06, 07:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Inquisitor

"Just myself" wrote in message
Dont switch, you'll have problems i was lucky and switched back to BT

Same here- they have had 100's if not 1,000's of complaints.

IF anything goes wrong you're screwed-

CS are a nightmare, read articles as above before rushing in. I like many
100's was left without a phone line & internet for weeks , while the
continued to charge. Bulldog then , when you could get through, blamed
everybody but the pope for their cock-ups.

I would avoid like the plague.

At the very least use a second line or have one installed, or you are
running risk of no service.

By far the worst company and customer services I have ever dealt with bar
none.

Old May 6th 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ACDeag

The Inquisitor has brought this to us :
"Just myself" wrote in message
Dont switch, you'll have problems i was lucky and switched back to BT

Same here- they have had 100's if not 1,000's of complaints.

IF anything goes wrong you're screwed-

CS are a nightmare, read articles as above before rushing in. I like many
100's was left without a phone line & internet for weeks , while the
continued to charge. Bulldog then , when you could get through, blamed
everybody but the pope for their cock-ups.

I would avoid like the plague.

At the very least use a second line or have one installed, or you are running
risk of no service.

By far the worst company and customer services I have ever dealt with bar
none.

I have had them for 3 months now with no problems, there are always
good and bad experiences of all comapnies. They have certainly improved
their customer service since last year, I get through first time now.

Old May 6th 06, 08:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Inquisitor

"ACDeag" wrote in message
The Inquisitor has brought this to us :
"Just myself" wrote in message
Dont switch, you'll have problems i was lucky and switched back to BT

Same here- they have had 100's if not 1,000's of complaints.

IF anything goes wrong you're screwed-

CS are a nightmare, read articles as above before rushing in. I like many
100's was left without a phone line & internet for weeks , while the
continued to charge. Bulldog then , when you could get through, blamed
everybody but the pope for their cock-ups.

I would avoid like the plague.

At the very least use a second line or have one installed, or you are
running risk of no service.

By far the worst company and customer services I have ever dealt with bar
none.

I have had them for 3 months now with no problems, there are always good
and bad experiences of all comapnies.

NOT on the scale that bulldog has had, Ofcom investigated , on BBC watchdog,
look at the articles in this thread.

They must have improved, they surely couldn't have got any worse!!!

Bulldog must have also the greatest number on complaints on this newsgroup ,
probably more than the whole of the internet industry put together-

This is what this newsgroup is for- to inform and WARN where necessary.

Old May 6th 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

Leaving a LLU operator to go back to a BT line and BT ADSL, or
changing from one to the other involves a cease and reprovide with
about 10 days' downtime. A new system is being trialled that would
involve only a couple of days.

That is why I will not consider LLU ATM.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old May 6th 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh The Inquisitor:
"Just myself" wrote in message
Dont switch, you'll have problems i was lucky and switched back to BT

Same here- they have had 100's if not 1,000's of complaints.

IF anything goes wrong you're screwed-

CS are a nightmare, read articles as above before rushing in. I like
many 100's was left without a phone line & internet for weeks , while
the continued to charge. Bulldog then , when you could get through,
blamed everybody but the pope for their cock-ups.

I would avoid like the plague.

At the very least use a second line or have one installed, or you are
running risk of no service.

By far the worst company and customer services I have ever dealt with
bar none.

It's still happening now, my cousin remains with them, why I don't know, but
often has days without the net, always a problem with the phone, sometimes
it's no incoming calls, sometimes no outgoing, sometimes both no outgoing or
incoming, sometimes calls go to voicemail without even ringing or being on
the phone, didn't bill for phone calls for months, and then expect them to
pay without itemising the calls, as it is way too high and they say the
system has failed and they can't itemise the calls they are supposed to have
made. Bulldog are a joke.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via: