New UK Voip Forum

Old May 6th 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
fred

Default New UK Voip Forum

Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up. Here's the link
http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.

Old May 6th 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"fred" wrote in message
. uk
Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.

No thanks, it wants cookies.

Ivor

Old May 6th 06, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sat, 6 May 2006, fred writes
Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up. Here's the link
http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.

Why do we want yet another forum? What's wrong with uk.telecom.voip
Old May 6th 06, 03:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 06 May 2006 11:33:44 GMT, "fred"
wrote:

Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.

What is wrong with this newsgroup as a discussion forum for UK VOIP?
Old May 6th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message

In message of Sat, 6 May 2006, fred writes
Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.

Why do we want yet another forum? What's wrong with
uk.telecom.voip

Well technically, this is a usenet newsgroup, not a forum.

Ivor

Old May 6th 06, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Martin" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

"fred" wrote in message
. uk
Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.

No thanks, it wants cookies.

Excellent. I'd far rather see web applications transmit
my session ID in a cookie, rather than ****ing about
chucking it in an ugly URL parameter (which will appear
in browser histories and proxy logs).

Ok, if that's what you want. I don't trust cookies, and I clear logs and
histories immediately after creating them.

Ivor

Old May 6th 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-05-06, Ivor Jones wrote:

"fred" wrote in message
. uk
Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.

No thanks, it wants cookies.

Just reject them then. The site content will still be accessible.

Brian.
Old May 6th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 6 May 2006 19:26:44 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

"fred" wrote in message
. uk
Hi Folks
Theres a new UK Voip Forum that has just been set up.
Here's the link http://ukvoiptalk.com/
F.

No thanks, it wants cookies.

Excellent. I'd far rather see web applications transmit
my session ID in a cookie, rather than ****ing about
chucking it in an ugly URL parameter (which will appear
in browser histories and proxy logs).

I have never worked out why they use GET instead of POST. With POST
you don't see a query string. Some URLs do, indeed, get very long and
messy.
Ok, if that's what you want. I don't trust cookies, and I clear logs and
histories immediately after creating them.

If they are just session cookies then they won't be recorded
permanently on your disk anyway. Having said that, if all you want is
to 'ID' the session then cookies aren't necessary. If writing in PHP
then PHP sessions can be created instead and the visitor is none the
wiser.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 7th 06, 01:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Default HTTP GET/POST (was: New UK Voip Forum)

Brian A wrote:
I have never worked out why they use GET instead of POST. With POST
you don't see a query string. Some URLs do, indeed, get very long and
messy.

From the HTML spec:

the method should be POST

You'll find something similar in the HTTP spec, I think.

Basically, if the request does not change anything on the server, i.e.
could be resent with the same result, GET is correct. If the request is
likely to change something on the server (update database etc), POST is
correct.