VISPA to Nildram?

Old May 6th 06, 06:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Default VISPA to Nildram?

Hello

Moving house soon.

Contemplating giving up VISPA's Home Max and signing up for Nildram's
Broadband 2g0.

Not a heavy user.
Traffic about 2Gb/month.
Very little peer to peer.
No gaming.
Will need 2 email addresses. one for desktop and separate one for wife's
laptop.

Any comments about my choice.
Don't want to pay the earth but don't want to deal with the likes of
Tiscali and TalkTalk either.
Do need something as reliable as VISPA has been.
Cable is not available.

TIA
Old May 6th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , The Invisible Man
writes
Hello

Moving house soon.

Contemplating giving up VISPA's Home Max and signing up for Nildram's
Broadband 2g0.

Not a heavy user.
Traffic about 2Gb/month.
Very little peer to peer.
No gaming.
Will need 2 email addresses. one for desktop and separate one for
wife's laptop.

Not sure you get 2 email addresses with 2g0 but they are very good in
every other respect.
--
Pete Devlin
"And don't forget my dog, fixed and consequent"
Old May 7th 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sat, 06 May 2006 18:19:55 +0100, The Invisible Man
wrote:

Hello

Moving house soon.

Contemplating giving up VISPA's Home Max and signing up for Nildram's
Broadband 2g0.

Not a heavy user.
Traffic about 2Gb/month.
Very little peer to peer.
No gaming.
Will need 2 email addresses. one for desktop and separate one for wife's
laptop.

Any comments about my choice.
Don't want to pay the earth but don't want to deal with the likes of
Tiscali and TalkTalk either.
Do need something as reliable as VISPA has been.
Cable is not available.

TIA

I have no problems with Nildram and I have freely recommended them to a long
list of friends. While I could sign up with Nildram to get a reward for
recommending their service, it is felt it would compromise my independent
advice.

You will have to decide what you want, a low price or a quality service;
finding an ISP with both is very, very difficult.

David Bradley

Old May 11th 06, 03:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Hello David,

wrote:

[...]

I've been with Nildram for nearly 6 years now over various addresses and
the service is excellent. I work from home as a developer and rely on constant
connectivity it to get anything done (eg our source control system is on
a box in our data centre and I need 24hr access to our hosting platform,
etc etc). It's been pretty much flawless.

Kev

Old May 11th 06, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

[snip]

I've been with Nildram for nearly 6 years now over various addresses and
the service is excellent. I work from home as a developer and rely on constant
connectivity it to get anything done (eg our source control system is on
a box in our data centre and I need 24hr access to our hosting platform,
etc etc). It's been pretty much flawless.

Kev

I enorse Nildram as well. I am staggered to note that yiu claim to have been
connected to Broadband for six years though - was it really available way back
in 2000?

David Bradley

Old May 11th 06, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 11 May 2006, David Bradley wrote:

[snip]

I've been with Nildram for nearly 6 years now over various addresses and
the service is excellent. I work from home as a developer and rely on constant

I enorse Nildram as well. I am staggered to note that yiu claim to have been
connected to Broadband for six years though - was it really available way back
in 2000?

read again - a customer for six years.
Old May 11th 06, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 11 May 2006 08:35, David Bradley wrote:

Broadband for six years though - was it really available way back
in 2000?

Certainly it was, with a 260 quid installation fee - waived by BT Internet
in deals for those who connected early on, or registered interest before
30/06/2000 (I and a local friend did)...

Our exchange was enabled in July/August 2001 and he was on in August/
September 2001... I went on the Freeserve trial from December 2001
and had "wires only" access before official launch in April 2002

AFAIK, in early 2000 there were 450+ enabled exchanges, by the end of
2000 there were 650+ (I can get lists if you want)... Peter M.
Old May 11th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kev

Hello poster,

On 11 May 2006 08:35, David Bradley wrote:

Broadband for six years though - was it really available way back in
2000?

Certainly it was, with a 260 quid installation fee - waived by BT
Internet in deals for those who connected early on, or registered
interest before 30/06/2000 (I and a local friend did)...

Our exchange was enabled in July/August 2001 and he was on in August/
September 2001... I went on the Freeserve trial from December 2001 and
had "wires only" access before official launch in April 2002

AFAIK, in early 2000 there were 450+ enabled exchanges, by the end of
2000 there were 650+ (I can get lists if you want)... Peter M.

Oops...David is correct, that should've read 5 years. I was thinking about
buying a six pack of beer and a curry when I wrote the post. :-)

But anyhoo....they're still good.

Old May 11th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Default VISPA to Nildram? Many thanks

Kev wrote:
Hello poster,

On 11 May 2006 08:35, David Bradley wrote:

Broadband for six years though - was it really available way back in
2000?

Certainly it was, with a 260 quid installation fee - waived by BT
Internet in deals for those who connected early on, or registered
interest before 30/06/2000 (I and a local friend did)...

Our exchange was enabled in July/August 2001 and he was on in August/
September 2001... I went on the Freeserve trial from December 2001 and
had "wires only" access before official launch in April 2002

AFAIK, in early 2000 there were 450+ enabled exchanges, by the end of
2000 there were 650+ (I can get lists if you want)... Peter M.

Oops...David is correct, that should've read 5 years. I was thinking
about buying a six pack of beer and a curry when I wrote the post. :-)

But anyhoo....they're still good.

Thanks to those who replied. Probably will go over to Nildram when we move.
Old May 11th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Thu, 11 May 2006 02:06:16 +0000 (UTC), Kev
wrote:

You will have to decide what you want, a low price or a quality
service; finding an ISP with both is very, very difficult.

David Bradley

I've been with Nildram for nearly 6 years now over various addresses and
the service is excellent.

Agreed, I used them on ISDN for 3 years upto 2000 and on broadband with
them since 2003.

--
Every Villian Is Lemons