maxdsl info from router

Old May 6th 06, 07:48 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
nick

Default maxdsl info from router

notice it says max kbps 9984/1116.

# adslctl info --stats
adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Link Power State: L0
Mode: G.DMT
Channel: Fast
Trellis: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 13.2 24.0
Attn(dB): 16.0 12.0
Pwr(dBm): 19.7 11.9
Max(Kbps): 9984 1116
Rate (Kbps): 8128 448
G.dmt framing
K: 255(0) 15
R: 0 0
S: 1 1
D: 1 1
ADSL2 framing
MSGc: 1 1
B: 255 15
M: 1 1
T: 1 1
R: 0 0
S: 1.0000 1.0000
L: 2048 128
D: 1 1
Counters
SF: 346753 346751
SFErr: 40 0
RS: 0 0
RSCorr: 0 0
RSUnCorr: 0 0

HEC: 29 0
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 113020437 0
Data Cells: 31350 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

Old May 6th 06, 08:57 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sat, 6 May 2006 19:48:58 +0100, nick wrote:

notice it says max kbps 9984/1116.

snip

That's a pretty good line, I'd be looking forward to ADSL2+ with those
stats should be up at the high end. Sadly ADSL doesn't get any higher than
8Mbps so 9984 isn't possible.

Old May 6th 06, 10:56 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

"nick" wrote in message
notice it says max kbps 9984/1116.

# adslctl info --stats
adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
= 8128 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: G.DMT
Channel: Fast
Trellis: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 13.2 24.0
Attn(dB): 16.0 12.0
Pwr(dBm): 19.7 11.9
Max(Kbps): 9984 1116
Rate (Kbps): 8128 448

Its jsut guessing what the maximum speed your line could handle would be.
The guess is totally off as ADSL1 can go no higher than what you currently
have and with ADSL2 I'm guessing your looking at a minimum of 15Mb.Your line
appears to be in the minority of very good ones!

Dan

Old May 6th 06, 11:10 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
nick

"Dan" wrote in message ...

"nick" wrote in message ...
notice it says max kbps 9984/1116.

# adslctl info --stats
adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Link Power State: L0
Mode: G.DMT
Channel: Fast
Trellis: ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 13.2 24.0
Attn(dB): 16.0 12.0
Pwr(dBm): 19.7 11.9
Max(Kbps): 9984 1116
Rate (Kbps): 8128 448

Its jsut guessing what the maximum speed your line could handle would be. The guess is totally off as ADSL1 can go no
higher than what you currently have and with ADSL2 I'm guessing your looking at a minimum of 15Mb.Your line appears to
be in the minority of very good ones!

Dan

think ill get about 19mbit with 16attn

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/4...edchart9fs.jpg

Old May 6th 06, 11:54 PM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Sayers

"nick" wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message ...

"nick" wrote in message ...
[...]

But in all reality, you'll sync at high speeds, but as far as real download speeds
are concerned you'll still be limited to pre-Maxdsl levels.

My router syncs at around 2950 kbps, but I still am limited to downloads at 930 kbps.
I can't get any sense out of Plusnet - I've been asked to reboot my router "several
times a day for 3 days", I've been on MaxDSL since 2nd May and no joy. In fact I even
got someone from "support" initially tell me (in CAPS) that I had NOT been upgraded
to MaxDSL, and then 2 days later after I argued, say "sorry about the confusion I had
been upgraded". I never got an email telling me about the upgrade, despite Plusnet
saying people would be notified.

I'm still stuck at 1meg d/l speeds and no-one from Plusnet seems in the least bit
interested. If you want higher speeds without having to fight for them then maybe a
MAC code might help you?

--

Andrew Sayers
Old May 7th 06, 12:16 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
nick

"Andrew Sayers" wrote in message ...
"nick" wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message ...

"nick" wrote in message ...
[...]

you sync at 2950 but your still on the speed you were on before. (1mbit I assume)
wasnt till the 4th day I got put to 8000

Andrew Sayers