blueyonder and Usenet access

Old May 7th 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

Default blueyonder and Usenet access

You only get access to blueyonder's Usenet service if you buy the
'Elite' package.
It's the most expensive one, so sod that (

Old May 7th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

"Rich" wrote in message
Blueyonder's Usenet service is crap anyhow. Loads of damaged files
and oly a few days retention.

I was told it was as low as 2 days?

Your better off with the cheapest 2 meg line service and an account
with newshosting.

It's not for me, it's for a mate.
They charge too much and have changed everything so the money mounts up.
Not interested )

Old May 7th 06, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Sun, 7 May 2006 10:50:28 +0100, "The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t
.. c o m wrote:

You only get access to blueyonder's Usenet service if you buy the
'Elite' package.
It's the most expensive one, so sod that (

Hi Gonz

Incorrect as you well know, it's available to all broadband and dialup
customers.

Alex

--
Alex Brown
Internet Technical Manager
Old May 7th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

news
. c o m wrote:

You only get access to blueyonder's Usenet service if you buy the
'Elite' package.
It's the most expensive one, so sod that (

Hi Gonz

Incorrect as you well know, it's available to all broadband and dialup
customers.

If that is true, then why don't you state that on the page?
Is it cuz you want people to believe that they have to buy the highest
price package to be able to get access?

A simple Yes or No, will do.

Old May 7th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Sun, 7 May 2006 12:20:18 +0100, "The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t
.. c o m wrote:

If that is true, then why don't you state that on the page?

Please see my response to the other query - this service is largely
demanded by customers interested in our highest speed tier, and hence
it's advertised accordingly on the website.

I'd welcome your thoughts on how we actually could remove access to
other tiers without enforcing NNTP Authentication, which we haven't
done.

Thanks

Alex

Old May 7th 06, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

. c o m wrote:

If that is true, then why don't you state that on the page?

Please see my response to the other query - this service is largely
demanded by customers interested in our highest speed tier, and hence
it's advertised accordingly on the website.

I don't know where you got that idea from.
And even if it were true, what does it matter if, accordin to you (only
those who spend more want access to usenet)?
The person who did that page, was he told (leave out the bit about
gettin access to usenet, cuz they wouldn't be interested anyway)?

I'd welcome your thoughts on how we actually could remove access to
other tiers without enforcing NNTP Authentication, which we haven't
done.

What?

Old May 7th 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message
You only get access to blueyonder's Usenet service if you buy the 'Elite'
package.
It's the most expensive one, so sod that (

Says the "man" banned from Telewest.

Old May 7th 06, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

Go away Gizzo.
Go and troll your usual group.

Old May 8th 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

"Davvid" wrote in message
reenews.net...

Get a ****ing job. Stop poncing off your father.

I don't ponce off my father.
I ponce off your father, and he gives me money for doin things for him.
He lets me call him Daddy too.
Does that mean I can call you brother??