blueyonder prices are too high

Old May 7th 06, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

Default blueyonder prices are too high

They have put the price up of payin your bill by cash, to 4 a month!
I understand chargin a little bit, but 4 is way too much.

They've discontinued the 'unlimited' phonecalls too.
It's only for the first hour now, and then they charge 3p a minute.

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my
contract with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

Old May 7th 06, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message
They have put the price up of payin your bill by cash, to 4 a month!
I understand chargin a little bit, but 4 is way too much.

They've discontinued the 'unlimited' phonecalls too.
It's only for the first hour now, and then they charge 3p a minute.

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my contract
with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

Not if you read your contract! Go tot he Martin lewis money saving expert
site. Search for "battering down" and it will tell you what to say when you
phone for a moan. Most people have the costs reduced. I would pick
something else like BT line, cheap ISP and freeview or freesat.
I wouldn't go for talktalk due to the restrictions they place on their
internet service. You can just about browse and use email, anything else is
getting slowed down and/or blocked.

Old May 7th 06, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

"John" wrote in message
news

[...]

"If, during the Minimum Period, we either increase our Charges by more
than 10% (or, if greater, the then prevailing rate of inflation) or make
significant changes to the Services, you may terminate this Agreement by
giving us at least 30 days notice in writing. If you do not give us
notice of your intention to terminate within 30 days of notification to
you of such changes you will be deemed to have accepted the increase in
Charges and/or the changes to the Service."

The change of the 'unlimited' phone calls, is significant enough.
Trust me )

Old May 7th 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Sun, 7 May 2006 10:58:27 +0100, "The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t
.. c o m wrote:

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my
contract with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

You haven't got a contract with us Gonz, remember?

Alex

--
Alex Brown
Internet Technical Manager
Old May 7th 06, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

"The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message
They have put the price up of payin your bill by cash, to 4 a month!
I understand chargin a little bit, but 4 is way too much.

They've discontinued the 'unlimited' phonecalls too.
It's only for the first hour now, and then they charge 3p a minute.

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my contract
with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

I agree with you. The other thing is the "Unlimited" service is no longer
unlimited in the true sense and I shall be contacting Trading Standards to
see what they have to say about it.
Fred.

Old May 7th 06, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

"The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

The change of the 'unlimited' phone calls, is significant enough.
Trust me )

"when I asked your customer services why you had imposed this one hour
rule,
she went away and said it was because our competitors asked us to..."

Can you believe it?

Old May 7th 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

"fred" wrote in message
k...

"The New Boy" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message
They have put the price up of payin your bill by cash, to 4 a month!
I understand chargin a little bit, but 4 is way too much.

They've discontinued the 'unlimited' phonecalls too.
It's only for the first hour now, and then they charge 3p a minute.

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my
contract with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

I agree with you. The other thing is the "Unlimited" service is no
longer unlimited in the true sense and I shall be contacting Trading
Standards to see what they have to say about it.
Fred.

You're not the only one to.

Old May 7th 06, 12:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

. c o m wrote:

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my
contract with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

You haven't got a contract with us Gonz, remember?

Why let little things like that get in the way?
I wouldn't want a contract with you, you're too expensive.

Old May 7th 06, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

"Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}" wrote in message
The New Boy wrote:
They have put the price up of payin your bill by cash, to 4 a month!
I understand chargin a little bit, but 4 is way too much.

They've discontinued the 'unlimited' phonecalls too.
It's only for the first hour now, and then they charge 3p a minute.

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my
contract with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

Welcome to NTL :-)

Things can only get worse )

In other news, loads of NTL customers are getting their connection
speeds increased to match the Blueyonder equivalent.

They'll be cappin useage soon too.
BT will ask em to.

Old May 7th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The New Boy

"Alex Brown" wrote in message

I spose I'm well within my rights to have grounds to terminate my
contract with them, due to the extreme change of terms?

You haven't got a contract with us Gonz, remember?

Cud you tell me if I did have a contract with your company, wud I be
able to cancel it due to the price changes, and the change of terms with
the 'unlimited' phone call thing?

Thanks.