netgear wg121 keeps randomly disconnecting

Old May 7th 06, 11:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MELLS

Default netgear wg121 keeps randomly disconnecting

i have recently just got one of this and i use wpa on my router which worked
find on my other usb adapter netgear ma111 i use a netgear wgt624 v2
wireless router i wonder wat could be making it disconnect?

Old May 7th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , MELLS
says...
i have recently just got one of this and i use wpa on my router which worked
find on my other usb adapter netgear ma111 i use a netgear wgt624 v2
wireless router i wonder wat could be making it disconnect?

DECT cordless phone at your or your neighbours house?

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.
Old May 7th 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MELLS

i am no were near a phone unless one of these arnt compatible

WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)

WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

i am currently trying this one

WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

see how i get on with this

Old May 7th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , MELLS
says...
i am no were near a phone unless one of these arnt compatible

WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)

WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

i am currently trying this one

WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

see how i get on with this

Also try changing the channel as well.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.
Old May 7th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John

On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:27:24 GMT, "MELLS" wrote:

i am no were near a phone unless one of these arnt compatible

WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)

WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

i am currently trying this one

WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

see how i get on with this

I have one of these which I only occasionally use but I have always
found it reliable. I don't think the Netgear software supports WPA,
only WEP. There is a chance it could work with WPA if you use XP's
utility to do all the settings.

John

Old May 7th 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MELLS

i cant understand why this one stays connected useing

WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)

but when i use this

WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)

random disconnects

i am useing channel 6 now what do you guys recomend for channel