Linksys WRT54GX or Netgear WPNT834 ?

Old May 7th 06, 12:18 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
roman

Default Linksys WRT54GX or Netgear WPNT834 ?

I am looking for a wireless router that would work with my cable modem, be
reliable in operation and had a the best possible coverage range. I have
narrowed the choice down to
Linksys WRT54GX and Netgear WPNT834 Rangemax 240 Wireless Router. Both
claim to have superior coverage to "standard" routers. Could you offer me
any help in deciding which one I should go for?

Thanks
Roman

Old May 8th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Willy Sobigiterts

"roman" wrote in message
|I am looking for a wireless router that would work with my cable modem, be
| reliable in operation and had a the best possible coverage range. I have
| narrowed the choice down to
| Linksys WRT54GX and Netgear WPNT834 Rangemax 240 Wireless Router. Both
| claim to have superior coverage to "standard" routers. Could you offer me
| any help in deciding which one I should go for?
|
| Thanks
| Roman

I picked up a cheap WRT54GX from PC world the other day. Well, 49.99 with a
free USB wireless adaptor. It works flawlessly with NTL and from my own
experience I would buy ten of these before I would ever let any netgear junk in
my home again.

Old May 8th 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
roman

"Willy Sobigiterts" wrote in message

"roman" wrote in message
|I am looking for a wireless router that would work with my cable modem,
be
| reliable in operation and had a the best possible coverage range. I have
| narrowed the choice down to
| Linksys WRT54GX and Netgear WPNT834 Rangemax 240 Wireless Router.
Both
| claim to have superior coverage to "standard" routers. Could you offer
me
| any help in deciding which one I should go for?
|
| Thanks
| Roman

I picked up a cheap WRT54GX from PC world the other day. Well, 49.99 with
free USB wireless adaptor. It works flawlessly with NTL and from my own
experience I would buy ten of these before I would ever let any netgear
junk in
my home again.

Thanks for that. Linksys was what I was going to get before I saw the advert
for Netgear
and started to hesitate.
Roman

Old May 8th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Willy Sobigiterts

"roman" wrote in message

| "Willy Sobigiterts" wrote in message
|
| "roman" wrote in message
| |I am looking for a wireless router that would work with my cable modem,
| be
| | reliable in operation and had a the best possible coverage range. I have
| | narrowed the choice down to
| | Linksys WRT54GX and Netgear WPNT834 Rangemax 240 Wireless Router.
| Both
| | claim to have superior coverage to "standard" routers. Could you offer
| me
| | any help in deciding which one I should go for?
| |
| | Thanks
| | Roman
| |

| I picked up a cheap WRT54GX from PC world the other day. Well, 49.99 with
| free USB wireless adaptor. It works flawlessly with NTL and from my own
| experience I would buy ten of these before I would ever let any netgear
| junk in
| my home again.
|

| Thanks for that. Linksys was what I was going to get before I saw the advert
| for Netgear
| and started to hesitate.
| Roman

Go with the linksys - you know it's the right choice. Sure netgear have their
fans, I prefer something that works properly myself.

Linksys comes from the house of Cisco. Netgear comes from China........

The PC world deal was good, I use ebuyer 99% of the time but after selling the
free usb wireless adaptor on ebay for 15 I would say, with fees, the router
owes me 40. I can't complain about that.