Fast 24 + connection problems

Old May 7th 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Fast 24 + connection problems

I originally was with Central Point who were bought out by Fast 24.
After months of free internet they finally caught up (knew they would)
and i can't say i've had any problems with them.. until now.

My internet has been down for about 12 days now and tbh i'm absolutely
raging. I've spoken to Fast 24 millions of times (Yes i actually got
through) and i'm still no where. They've went through my sign in
details a few times and say they'd registered a fault to BT over a week
ago. I asked them to contact me whether they had information or not..
and no reply.

So yesterday i phone them up. I must have made an impression because
the guy i got on the phone remembers me. Bt had returned their query
over a line fault / exchange fault and that there was nothing wrong. So
i tried ANOTHER router, no luck. New cables, no luck. Removing
everything from the phone line, nothing.

So on Monday morning Fast 24 will be getting another phonecall, and if
they haven't sorted it by friday i think its going to be, give me a mac
code NOW (i don't think they give Mac codes out) if not, they can shove
their broadband where the sun don't shine!

Enough of my ranting, has ANYONE got any ideas of where it could be
going wrong. Fast 24 say its not their side and have tried to change my
connection details to see if that would help but it didn't. I can
detect an ADSL connection, but it won't give the router an internet
connection. Using other routers it appears that the routers are sending
out info but not getting it returned. Tried switching off firewalls
(makes no difference).

TIA

Aly