PlusTalk & SJ Phone WM2005 VOIP

Old May 7th 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marty C

Default PlusTalk & SJ Phone WM2005 VOIP

Hi,

I have installed SJ Phone WM2005 beta version on my PDA and am trying to get
it to work with Plusnet's PlusTalk VOIP service, but to no avail.

Has anyone managed to do this successfully and if so which settings do I
need to put in where please?

Thanks.

Marty

Old May 7th 06, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Memnoch

On Sun, 7 May 2006 13:57:54 +0100, "Marty C"
wrote:

Hi,

I have installed SJ Phone WM2005 beta version on my PDA and am trying to get
it to work with Plusnet's PlusTalk VOIP service, but to no avail.

Has anyone managed to do this successfully and if so which settings do I
need to put in where please?

Not sure about PlusTalk as I use Sipgate but the following guide should work
for you if you subsitute the Sipgate servers for the Plustalk ones:

How do I configure my SJPhone softphone to work with sipgate?
Use this as a guide for configuring your SJPhone softphone:

SIP Proxy:
Proxy domain: sipgate.co.uk: 0
User domain: sipgate.co.uk

Register on proxy: yes
Proxy is strict outbound: yes

Proxy for nat: sipgate.co.uk : 0

Use separate registrar: no
Unregister contact address only: yes

General:
Change nothing

STUN:
Use discovered addresses in SIP: yes
Server address: stun.sipgate.net: 10000 (note: not co.uk, but .net)
Old May 7th 06, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"Marty C" wrote in message
Hi,

I have installed SJ Phone WM2005 beta version on my PDA and am trying to

get
it to work with Plusnet's PlusTalk VOIP service, but to no avail.

Has anyone managed to do this successfully and if so which settings do I
need to put in where please?

PlusTalk is not working on everyones' account ATM (even with the recommended
X-Lite software).

I have had a ticket open on this problem for about a month now, yet to be
solved by PlusNet.

Please ignore this if you have had PlusTalk working already with X-Lite or
some other hardware solution.

Rob

Old May 14th 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Marty C

"Rob" wrote in message

"Marty C" wrote in message
Hi,

I have installed SJ Phone WM2005 beta version on my PDA and am trying to

get
it to work with Plusnet's PlusTalk VOIP service, but to no avail.

Sorry to answer my own question, but just in case someone else is strugling
with this the procedure is as follows:

1. Setup a profile, with profile type 'Calls through SIP Proxy'

2. Initialization Tab Settings

User data 'Account' and 'Password' all selected.
Caller ID - none selected
FullAddr of Rec - none selected

3. SIP Proxy Tab Settings

Proxy Domain sip.plus.net : 5060
User Domain sip.plus.net
Register with proxy selected
Proxy is strict outbound not selected
Unregister contact address only selected

4. Advanced Tab and DTMF Tabs

Leave as default.

5. STUN Tab

Use discovered address in SIP Selected
Server Address stun.softjoys.com:3478

Other settings all default

6. Service Profile settings:

Account Enter SIP ID: 2?????? Etc
Password Enter your plus.net account password

You should now be able to log into the plus talk service. If not check
firewall settings, so that ports 3478 and 5060 are open for UDP traffic and
forwarded to your PDA device IP address.

Answer from PG Nicoll on PlusNet forum:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=41832

Marty