BT Broadband Talk with BT Fusion - Can it be done?

Old May 8th 06, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default BT Broadband Talk with BT Fusion - Can it be done?

I have BT Fusion using the supplied Inventel router. I recently took
up BT's offer of 'free' Broadband Talk with BT Internet Option 4 and
they sent me a new 05600 number.

Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to use this router for the
service. I tried calling about a million customer service departments
in BT (you know the story!) and was eventually told that Fusion and
Broadband Talk are incompatible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance
Chris G @ Home
Old May 11th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

wrote in message
I have BT Fusion using the supplied Inventel router. I recently took
up BT's offer of 'free' Broadband Talk with BT Internet Option 4 and
they sent me a new 05600 number.

Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to use this router for the
service. I tried calling about a million customer service departments
in BT (you know the story!) and was eventually told that Fusion and
Broadband Talk are incompatible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance
Chris G @ Home

You should have got a piece of CPE with your BBTalk service? In particular
you need the 10V adaptor. If you have a router, this wont work because the
Inventel in a router as well.

The 10v plugs into an ethernet socket. Providing there're adequate
bandwidth in your BB session, about 45kbps for each of the VoiP sessions, it
should in theory work OK.

Alex

Old May 13th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris G @ Home

Thanks Alex,

I asked them to send a 10v adapter out to me and it hasn't arrived
yet. That was over a week ago so I hope they haven't forgotten ;-
Are you saying I should plug the 10v adapter into my ethernet switch
or router?

Thanks
Chris

On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:27:20 +0100, "alex"
wrote:

.. .

Old May 18th 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

Yes, either, it plugs into any free 10/100 port and gets assigned an IP
address from the local DHCP, assume on your router. You just need to make
sure you connect it the right way round as it acts as a thru port as well.

I'd give them another call - they have sent you something anyway in the
first place...

Cheers

Alex

"Chris G @ Home" wrote in message
Thanks Alex,

I asked them to send a 10v adapter out to me and it hasn't arrived
yet. That was over a week ago so I hope they haven't forgotten ;-
Are you saying I should plug the 10v adapter into my ethernet switch
or router?

Thanks
Chris

On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:27:20 +0100, "alex"
wrote:

. ..

Old May 20th 06, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris G @ Home

Received the 10v adapter and got it all up and running today!
Connections as follows....

10v adapter to existing network switch
Network switch to BT Fusion routers ethernet port
PC to 10v adapter (Temporary just to set the adapter up)
Telephone to 10v adapter
Network and Ethernet lights should be lit on the adapter

Log in to Broadband Talk to configure adapter
Adapter configured successfully and resets
Unplug PC from adapter and plug back into network switch (Assigning
new IP address on the home network)

Bob's your mothers brother, it works fine.

Cheers for the positive info Alex!

Never, never, ever believe what BT tell you when you call for help!
Incompatible indeed!

Thanks
Chris

Old May 23rd 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

Excellent news! The PC temporary setup bit is a bit of a thrower isn't, but
worth the pain once it works. Remember to connect the other connector to
your normal phone line if poss, so if BB goes or power fails it latches over
so you can make emergency calls. Also receives incoming calls to your
normal PSTN line on the VoiP phone...