Are all USB wireless Adapters the same?

Old May 9th 06, 11:53 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave P

Default Are all USB wireless Adapters the same?

My Netgear MA111v2 keeps dropping connection to my router and then not
reconnecting.

Would anyone recommend a different USB wireless adapter that's better?

Dave

Old May 9th 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 9 May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Dave P"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

My Netgear MA111v2 keeps dropping connection to my router and then not
reconnecting.

Are you sure it's your USB adapter, and not your router or computer?

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
"Invisible baa'ing sheep! That's the most ACEBEST thing in any game ever!"
Old May 9th 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave P

"deKay" wrote in message
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 9
May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Dave P"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

My Netgear MA111v2 keeps dropping connection to my router and then not
reconnecting.

Are you sure it's your USB adapter, and not your router or computer?

deKay
--

Router works well with laptop so ruled that out.

Having done the obvious checks on PC I've decided cheaper to try another USB
than buy another computer.

Logical enough?

Dave

Old May 9th 06, 04:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 9 May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Dave P"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Router works well with laptop so ruled that out.

Have you tried the USB adapter on the laptop? Have you moved the PC nearer to
the router? What happens when it "drops out"? Are you doing anything
specific at the time? How do you make it reconnect? Are you using any kind
of encryption?

deKay
Old May 9th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave P

"deKay" wrote in message
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 9
May
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Dave P"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Router works well with laptop so ruled that out.

Have you tried the USB adapter on the laptop? Have you moved the PC
nearer to
the router? What happens when it "drops out"? Are you doing anything
specific at the time? How do you make it reconnect? Are you using any
kind
of encryption?

deKay

Yup been through all that. Changed things around, tried different encryption
etc.

I've managed to borrow another USB dongle so we'll see.

Thanks for the tips,

Dave