Linksys SPA 3000

Old May 9th 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TR

Default Linksys SPA 3000

does anyone know if this unit will work on the sipgate service ?

cheers
Old May 9th 06, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"TR" wrote in message
. uk
does anyone know if this unit will work on the sipgate
service ?

Can't think of a reason why it shouldn't, unless it's locked to another
provider..? It's based on the Sipura though so it should be possible. Can
you get into the configuration screens..?

Ivor

Old May 9th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BKM

Yes, it should. The unit has standard web based registration services uisng
the SIP protocol.
It registers fine with my Asterisk box. If you want more info the go to the
excellent http://voxilla.com/ which has loads of info including config
examples.
Brian

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

. uk

Old May 9th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
BKM

Yup, it should. I have one and whilst I have not used Sipgate there is no
reason why it should'nt work. Check out http://voxilla.com/ for more info.

Brian

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

. uk

Old May 9th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TR

Ivor Jones wrote:
"TR" wrote in message
. uk
does anyone know if this unit will work on the sipgate
service ?

Can't think of a reason why it shouldn't, unless it's locked to another
provider..? It's based on the Sipura though so it should be possible. Can
you get into the configuration screens..?

Ivor

I'm just thinking of getting one at the moment, but want to make sure it
will be ok.
i've looked at an [email protected] solution, but haven't got any spare hardware to
run it on

thanks

Old May 9th 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

TR wrote:
I'm just thinking of getting one at the moment, but want to make sure it
will be ok.
i've looked at an [email protected] solution, but haven't got any spare hardware to
run it on

If you want to see what the web interface of an SPA-3000 looks like then
see:

http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_demo/spa-3000/

Although, that isn't the latest firmware.

Tim

Old May 9th 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:

Can't think of a reason why it shouldn't, unless it's locked to another
provider..? It's based on the Sipura though so it should be possible.

snip

It *is* a Sipura SPA-3000 in a different box.
It identifies itself as such and the BIOS update tool identifies it as such.
Someone on here said in the past that they'd opened one up and it had
the same PCB as a recent SPA-3000, So it's pretty conclusive.
Old May 9th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

TR wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
"TR" wrote in message
. uk
does anyone know if this unit will work on the sipgate
service ?

Can't think of a reason why it shouldn't, unless it's locked to
another provider..? It's based on the Sipura though so it should be
possible. Can you get into the configuration screens..?

Ivor

I'm just thinking of getting one at the moment, but want to make sure it
will be ok.
i've looked at an [email protected] solution, but haven't got any spare hardware to
run it on

I'm using the Linksys SPA3000 for an inbound sipgate line. I've set my
main sipgate account to line 1 and it also handles calls to/from the
PSTN quite happily (FXO port) - if not answered or the phone is in use
it will divert them to voicemail on a second sipgate account. I have
four "gateways" configured and rather than having a fancy dial plan I've
simply configured it to select an outbound line by dialling #0 - #3
which gives me a second dialtone. #0 is my PSTN line, #1 voip.co.uk, #2
sipdiscount, etc. Just dialling the number without selecting an
alternative line routes calls out via the main sipgate account.

Dial plan:
(#0,:x.:@gw0|#1,:x.:@gw1|#2,:x.:@gw2| #3,:x.:@gw3|[0-9]x.)

The manual is a bit heavy going in places if you are new to the
technology, but with help from this newsgroup and a couple of web forums
(voipuser.org and voxilla) I eventually got it configured to do exactly
what I wanted. Another useful resource is the list of UK setings on the
Provu website.

--
Nick B.
Old May 10th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Someone on here said in the past that they'd opened one up and it had
the same PCB as a recent SPA-3000, So it's pretty conclusive.

Agreed.

Tim