VOIP phone rings but I cannot answer it.

Old May 10th 06, 11:59 PM
Axle_F Axle_F is offline
Junior Member

Default VOIP phone rings but I cannot answer it.

Hi,

I'm trying to use the BT Broadband Voice Voyager 10V Telephone Adapter but I seem to be having an issue with it.

When I receive a call via my normal landline both the VOIP and landline phones ring. However, I cannot answer the call using the phone connected via the adapter (the VOIP one) even tho it is ringing. When I pick it up all I can hear is an engaged tone and the landline phone keeps on ringing.

If I unplug the landline phone then the VOIP phone still rings when I receive a landline call but I still cannot answer it.

I can use both phones to dial out with no problems.

Does anyone know how to cure this? The BT helpdesk has not been a great help.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Old May 11th 06, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

--
Axle_F

Could be a firmware fault. Ask them if it is possible to re-load it from a
website...

If not they should replace it, luckily its the adaptor and not the main
router...

Best of luck.

Alex

Old May 13th 06, 11:30 AM
Axle_F Axle_F is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex
Could be a firmware fault. Ask them if it is possible to re-load it from a
website...

If not they should replace it, luckily its the adaptor and not the main
router...

Best of luck.

Alex
Thanks Alex, I'll get back onto BT.