Unbeatable Voiptalk offer? End of sipgate?

Old May 12th 06, 11:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Unbeatable Voiptalk offer? End of sipgate?

I bought the Evening Standard newspaper yesterday which came with a
booklet called Really Useful Directory. Voiptalk has an offer in there
which i signed up to. You get a free geo number, 2 credit and
voicemail. They advertise "no contract, no line rental, no monthly fee"
so i can only assume that it's completely free.

Sipgate do a free geo number and do not offer support so i can't see
how the voiptalk offer isn't a better offer, especially since they say
that they have a support line, although you do need to have made a
purchase apparently in order to take advantage of this.

Link is: http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip

Bal

Old May 12th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jim

Many thanks - have signed up for this free offer

Old May 12th 06, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
oups.com

[snip]

Sipgate do a free geo number and do not offer support so
i can't see how the voiptalk offer isn't a better offer,
especially since they say that they have a support line,
although you do need to have made a purchase apparently
in order to take advantage of this.

When you say Sipgate do not offer support, what do you mean..? They do,
but only by email; you did not say "no telephone support" so if that is
what you meant, please clarify.

Ivor

Old May 12th 06, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Ivor,

Sorry, how careless of me. Do you work for sipgate or something? From
my experience their email support leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Old May 12th 06, 02:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

Anyone tried logging into their new account other than by the link in the
registration email?

The "my account" and "top up" buttons do nothing on both firefox & mozilla.

www.voiptalk.org/login.php works though.

Don't tell me - "It works in IE" splutter :-(

--

Regards

Dave Saville

Old May 12th 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Dave Saville wrote:
Anyone tried logging into their new account other than by the link in the
registration email?

The "my account" and "top up" buttons do nothing on both firefox & mozilla.

www.voiptalk.org/login.php works though.

Don't tell me - "It works in IE" splutter :-(

Working here in Firefox 1.5.0.3 and Opera 8.54.

Are you sure it isn't a cookie or somesuch left over from before the
account had been confirmed (using the link in the email).