Monitoring Max

Old May 12th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

Default Monitoring Max

Can I ask a beginner's question?

Reading the many posts and comments on ADSLMax. people are able to cite
so many performance statistics, sync speed, download/upload speed and
how they change from minute to minute. Are they all just continually
checking in the router status pages, or is there some handy app that
monitors these?

--
Nightowl
Old May 12th 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

Alan J. Flavell wrote on Fri, 12 May 2006:

[snipped lots of helpful info]

Lots of different ways. Hope that's vaguely useful. What have you
actually got? Have you seen this page?
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

Thanks very much for that, Alan.

At the moment I have a 2meg connection with Zen, just one computer with
a D-Link DSL-302T router. According to samknows I live 850 metres from
the exchange :-) and usually get pretty good speeds of about
1880-1890kbps down and 242kbps up according to ADSLguide speed test. It
can slow down quite drastically sometimes as my exchange (Faversham) has
been Red for a few months now, though it is Max-enabled.

I thought it might be better to wait until BT fix the problem before
applying for an upgrade. . . the date keeps getting pushed forward, but
the latest given is May 16, so I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks again for your help.

--
Nightowl