Restricted list of messages

Old May 13th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

Default Restricted list of messages

The list for this news group now only starts at 07/05/06 and I cannot see a
message dated 04/05/06
which I had sent
How do I get more messages listed.?
I have set the number at 1000
Blair.

Old May 13th 06, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Blair" wrote in message
The list for this news group now only starts at 07/05/06 and I cannot see
a message dated 04/05/06
which I had sent
How do I get more messages listed.?
I have set the number at 1000
Blair.

Assuming you are using OE, unsubscribe from the group, close OE, restart OE
and re-subscribe to the group. That fixed problems for me on a couple of
occasions. Only thing is, will you see this reply???
--
Keith Willcocks

Old May 13th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

"Keith Willcocks" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
The list for this news group now only starts at 07/05/06 and I cannot see
a message dated 04/05/06
which I had sent
How do I get more messages listed.?
I have set the number at 1000
Blair.

Assuming you are using OE, unsubscribe from the group, close OE, restart
OE and re-subscribe to the group. That fixed problems for me on a couple
of occasions. Only thing is, will you see this reply???
--
Keith Willcocks

Someone has just tod me that the server nntp.aioe.org only retains 14 days
of messages!!
Blair

Old May 14th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Blair" wrote in message
The list for this news group now only starts at 07/05/06 and I cannot
see a message dated 04/05/06
which I had sent
How do I get more messages listed.?
I have set the number at 1000
Blair.

Assuming you are using OE, unsubscribe from the group, close OE, restart
OE and re-subscribe to the group. That fixed problems for me on a
couple of occasions. Only thing is, will you see this reply???
--
Keith Willcocks

Someone has just tod me that the server nntp.aioe.org only retains 14 days
of messages!!
Blair

I think you found your problem.
--
Keith Willcocks

Old May 14th 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

"Blair" wrote in message
The list for this news group now only starts at 07/05/06 and I cannot
see a message dated 04/05/06
which I had sent
How do I get more messages listed.?
I have set the number at 1000
Blair.

Assuming you are using OE, unsubscribe from the group, close OE, restart
OE and re-subscribe to the group. That fixed problems for me on a
couple of occasions. Only thing is, will you see this reply???
--
Keith Willcocks

Someone has just tod me that the server nntp.aioe.org only retains 14
days of messages!!
Blair

I think you found your problem.
--
Keith Willcocks

Do you know if another server like News.microfoft.com whic gives a larger
number of messages kept?
Blair

Old May 15th 06, 09:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Willcocks

"Blair" wrote in message
[...]

No, but this link may help:
http://www.newsparrot.co.uk/index.ph...ups&order=DESC
Alternatively there are "paid for" services like this one:
http://news.individual.net/
and many others. BT Yahoo now use Giganews as their server and retention
runs into years for text groups http://www.giganews.com/ . Google will
find you many more.
--
Keith Willcocks