Sipura retail?

Old May 13th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

Default Sipura retail?

On the strength of a posting on this newsgroup I bought one a few weeks ago.

Five Minutes Googleing and I had detailed instructions

A further ten Minutes was required to get the two .bin files required

This was because Linksys (Ci$co) had threatened legal action to sites that
they found carrying them. I won't therefore provide a link here.

I will simply suggest you Google the filenames.bin when you discover what
they are called.

You also need a TFTP server running to upload to the PAP, I used the free
one from http://solarwinds.net/Download-Tools.htm

It was also suggested that if the PAP in its Vonage guise was exposed to the
Internet

it could somehow download a patch that would thwart your efforts so I didn't
take any chances and disconnected the phone line from the router.

Basically you upload the first file, log into the web interface, turn off
theVonage "provisioning" then upload the second file, which I suppose is the
clean pap2 version.

I suppose there was some risk; my main fear is the files may have been
planted to kill the ATA!

Old May 14th 06, 03:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Graham wrote:

I suppose there was some risk; my main fear is the files may have been
planted to kill the ATA!

You were lucky, this security hole was plugged a while back.