Recommend any ISP, leaving Plusnet due to poor support

Old May 14th 06, 12:05 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Invisible Man

Default Recommend any ISP, leaving Plusnet due to poor support

Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I am
considering leaving Plusnet.

Can anyone recommend a good provider without all this throttling rubbish,
also one where support actual answer posts

Thanks

Old May 14th 06, 01:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,plusnet.service.customer-feedback
Bob Eager

On Sat, 13 May 2006 23:05:24 UTC, "Invisible Man"
wrote:

Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I am
considering leaving Plusnet.

Can anyone recommend a good provider without all this throttling rubbish,
also one where support actual answer posts

AAISP.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old May 14th 06, 01:54 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Jack

"Invisible Man" wrote in message
Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I
am
considering leaving Plusnet.
Can anyone recommend a good provider without all this throttling rubbish,
also one where support actual answer posts

Haven't decided to move yet but I've heard good reports about Nildram.

Old May 14th 06, 03:32 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Invisible Man wrote:
Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I am
considering leaving Plusnet.

Can anyone recommend a good provider without all this throttling rubbish,
also one where support actual answer posts

Thanks

Care to elaborate a little more on why?

Regards,

Old May 14th 06, 06:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John DH

"Invisible Man" wrote in message
Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I

am
considering leaving Plusnet.

Can anyone recommend a good provider without all this throttling rubbish,
also one where support actual answer posts

Have a look at IDnet, no personal experience. Looking at the forums, them
seem to have happy customers and reasonable prices

John DH

Old May 14th 06, 09:18 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Limey

"nick" wrote in message

NTL

They are not known as NTHell for nothing!! go nowhere near them!

Old May 14th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,plusnet.service.customer-feedback
Phil

On Sun, 14 May 2006 07:43:53 GMT, "ukbrown" wrote:

On 14-May-2006, "Invisible Man" wrote:

Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I
am
considering leaving Plusnet.

I have had my tickets answered in reasonable timeframe recently. From what
I hear of other ISP's they are no better and maybe no worse. Most of them
throttle, most of them cap.

Off to Nildram - TOMORROW 15th May - (hooray!).

Reason for leaving :- utterly cheesed off with all the winging,
moaning, whining complaining, carping, chiding, condemning,
denouncing, unsatisfied, picky, grumbling, petulant ,ill-humored,
fractious, discontented, sullen, unhappy, cantankerous...(need I go
on?)..posts that you get about Plusnet here, in ADSLGuide and in the
forums. It really is sad and depressing.

Are all Plusnet customers miserable grumpy complaining old b.....s or
is it Plusnet? In the 'old days' this was a great place to be. Not now
sadly.

The last straw for me was about a month ago was when Plusnet's Usenet
server was running like treacle, and the response from a ticket - 31
hours later was "do three speed tests, preferably one after midnight".
I got my MAC code a couple of days later. At least I got a MAC code
within 45 minutes.

I chose Nildram because I will get a 50 gigabyte cap for a similar
price to Plusnet (- even though I am unlikely to use more that 10 or
15gigs), because they give a (somewhat restricted) but free access to
Giganews - and also because there doesn't seem to be much wingeing
about them in ADSLGuide.

So, goodbye everyone. I will miss all you 'grumpy old men'

Phil
Old May 14th 06, 09:54 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Invisible Man wrote:
Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I am
considering leaving Plusnet.

Can anyone recommend a good provider without all this throttling rubbish,
also one where support actual answer posts

Thanks

Oh dear. This place is getting crowded with invisible people.

I am contemplating moving to Nildram having heard many good reports and
seen very good and consistent results at ADSLGuide over the last couple
of years. I only do about 2-3Gb a month though. Not sure how good they
would be for really heavy usage.
Old May 14th 06, 10:33 AM posted to plusnet.service.customer-feedback,uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 14 May 2006 07:43:53 UTC, "ukbrown" wrote:

On 14-May-2006, "Invisible Man" wrote:

Due to the lack of support from Plusnet and not addressing my questions I
am
considering leaving Plusnet.

I have had my tickets answered in reasonable timeframe recently. From what
I hear of other ISP's they are no better and maybe no worse. Most of them
throttle, most of them cap.

But PlusNet excel in changing the rules without little warning,
frequently. I've nearly got all of my clients off them now.
euthanasia recommended. ]