VoIPtalk voicemail

Old May 14th 06, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default VoIPtalk voicemail

Does anybody know how to get rid of that stupid American voice on the
voicemail?

You can set you own greetings, but there are still instructions which
are announced after your greeting which I find annoying.

Any-one?

David
Old May 14th 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"David Floyd" wrote in message
Does anybody know how to get rid of that stupid American voice on the
voicemail?

You can set you own greetings, but there are still instructions which are
announced after your greeting which I find annoying.

Any-one?

David

Doubtful. They're using the standard "Allison" voice prompts within Asterisk
for the commands.

Old May 14th 06, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message
"David Floyd" wrote in message
Does anybody know how to get rid of that stupid
American voice on the voicemail?

You can set you own greetings, but there are still
instructions which are announced after your greeting
which I find annoying. Any-one?

David

Doubtful. They're using the standard "Allison" voice
prompts within Asterisk for the commands.

She sounds ok to me..! That's my one gripe with Sipgate, that they still
haven't sorted the voicemail prompts. I don't understand why they
can't/don't use the standard ones as above. Maybe a licensing issue..?

Ivor

Old May 14th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

"Jono" wrote in message
. uk
"David Floyd" wrote in message
Does anybody know how to get rid of that stupid
American voice on the voicemail?

You can set you own greetings, but there are still
instructions which are announced after your greeting
which I find annoying. Any-one?

David

Doubtful. They're using the standard "Allison" voice
prompts within Asterisk for the commands.

She sounds ok to me..! That's my one gripe with Sipgate, that they still
haven't sorted the voicemail prompts. I don't understand why they
can't/don't use the standard ones as above. Maybe a licensing issue..?

But there are no Sipgate announcements following your own message. You
didn't follow my point. When some-one rings in, they hear your own
announcement (which you've set up) followed by the Allison voice telling
the caller to press "pound" when finished. That's my gripe.

I just hope that voip.co.uk don't follow the same protocol when they
eventually release the "improved" system.

David
Old May 14th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" wrote in message

[snip]

But there are no Sipgate announcements following your own
message. You didn't follow my point. When some-one
rings in, they hear your own announcement (which you've
set up) followed by the Allison voice telling the caller
to press "pound" when finished. That's my gripe.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Not sure how you'd get around that, have you asked
Voiptalk about it..?

Ivor

Old May 14th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

I've contacted them asking if i can have mine turned off.. No response yet
Old May 14th 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

Sean wrote:
I've contacted them asking if i can have mine turned off.. No response yet

You're unlikely to get a response over the weekend but if you've been
waiting longer than that let me know and I'll take a look.

If you want something like this, raise it with support to see if they
can do it already. If they can't, say that you'd like it implemented as
a feature. That doesn't mean anything will happen instantly but we do
have people working on development and if you want them to develop a
certain feature, you need to ask.

Alex
Old May 14th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 14 May 2006 18:03:01 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

"Jono" wrote in message
.uk
[...]

Do you think the 'improved system' actually exists? Perhaps it is just
as real as the fixing of the incorrect charging problem. I'm not sure
that any of it will happen anytime soon.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old May 15th 06, 02:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martyn Dewar

wrote:

In message of Sun, 14 May 2006, Ivor Jones writes

"Jono" wrote in message
o.uk

[...]

And the control panel call classification problem (in the call records)
which has been around since January... all nice bugs.

No major issues though tbh.

--
Martyn Dewar
E: