Migration code from Plusnet

Old May 14th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

Default Migration code from Plusnet

After raising several tickets over past 5 days or so and none of them
answered (some of them closed automatically) - DESPITE a quoted answer time
of 51min 21sec, I've decided to call it a day with Plusnet.

My 12 months contract is up on 9th June. I know I can ask for an MAC, but
what happens if they don't respond - which is likely, going by my current
lack of communications from them!

I don't want to have any 'downtime' or loss of connection

Clive

Old May 14th 06, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stu C

"Clive" wrote in message
After raising several tickets over past 5 days or so and none of them
answered (some of them closed automatically) - DESPITE a quoted answer
time of 51min 21sec, I've decided to call it a day with Plusnet.

My 12 months contract is up on 9th June. I know I can ask for an MAC, but
what happens if they don't respond - which is likely, going by my current
lack of communications from them!

I don't want to have any 'downtime' or loss of connection

Clive

Use the automated wizard....

Old May 14th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"Stu C" wrote in message

"Clive" wrote in message
After raising several tickets over past 5 days or so and none of them
answered (some of them closed automatically) - DESPITE a quoted answer
time of 51min 21sec, I've decided to call it a day with Plusnet.

My 12 months contract is up on 9th June. I know I can ask for an MAC, but
what happens if they don't respond - which is likely, going by my current
lack of communications from them!

I don't want to have any 'downtime' or loss of connection

Clive

Use the automated wizard....

cheers Stu,

I know of the wizard, but as I previously mentioned, PlusNet have
automatically closed all of my previous tickets.

So, it looks like I may end up just closing my PlusNet account and then
opening one with someone else.

Clive

Old May 14th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

The quoted time is an AVERAGE not a guarantee. Why not ask them for a MAC
code before complaining they will not issue one?

Peter Crosland

Old May 14th 06, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Clive wrote:
"Stu C" wrote in message
"Clive" wrote in message
After raising several tickets over past 5 days or so and none of them
answered (some of them closed automatically) - DESPITE a quoted answer
time of 51min 21sec, I've decided to call it a day with Plusnet.

My 12 months contract is up on 9th June. I know I can ask for an MAC, but
what happens if they don't respond - which is likely, going by my current
lack of communications from them!

I don't want to have any 'downtime' or loss of connection

Clive

Use the automated wizard....

cheers Stu,

I know of the wizard, but as I previously mentioned, PlusNet have
automatically closed all of my previous tickets.

So, it looks like I may end up just closing my PlusNet account and then
opening one with someone else.

Clive

Clive,

We do not delay our responses for MAC keys. Neither do we just close
tickets without comment. Can you please provide me with some ticket
numbers because it would suggest a system error and I would hate for it
to be happening to anybody else?

Kind Regards,

Old May 14th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,plusnet.service.customer-feedback
poster

On 14 May 2006, "Clive" wrote:

I know of the wizard, but as I previously mentioned, PlusNet have
automatically closed all of my previous tickets.

So, it looks like I may end up just closing my PlusNet account and then
opening one with someone else.

Why not try the wizard - you're planning to switch, and may as well try it
because that is a smoother transit to some other ISP than a 'cease' and new
activation. So long as you don't publish staff names, you're not going to
upset anyone with posting some of your tickets. It might be possible to
get a feel for how unreasonable or otherwise they've been in not giving
a response.

Some people seem to have a poor attitude towards staff (I am making no
accusation of that in your case) especially when posting about "tubbies"
or about one "pays peanuts and gets ..." and having worked in a service
department in the past, I've seen posts which I might find offensive if
I was in a CS role at an ISP.

However, I've also been in a situation where I queried an aspect at length,
until such time as Plus.Net staff disabled my access to the PN web portal,
making it impossible for me to stay logged in, submit or view tickets, or
access other web pages concerned with billing etc {at the time, I was some
20 pounds in credit, and only by the intervention of Dave Tomlinson, as a
result of mail via ADSLguide, was it possible to (a) get my account back
into operation and (b) get the block on use of the portal reversed}

Thus I am not likely to be too "pro CS" but you've only given us your side,
that PN closes your tickets unanswered, and without any tickets to see,
it may still be something to do with the contents! Peter M.

[ added plusnet.service.customer-feedback and FU set there - you may
get some other comments from PUG members, or PN staff there, too. ]
Old May 14th 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
Clive wrote:
"Stu C" wrote in message
"Clive" wrote in message
After raising several tickets over past 5 days or so and none of them
answered (some of them closed automatically) - DESPITE a quoted answer
time of 51min 21sec, I've decided to call it a day with Plusnet.

My 12 months contract is up on 9th June. I know I can ask for an MAC,
but what happens if they don't respond - which is likely, going by my
current lack of communications from them!

I don't want to have any 'downtime' or loss of connection

Clive

Use the automated wizard....

cheers Stu,

I know of the wizard, but as I previously mentioned, PlusNet have
automatically closed all of my previous tickets.

So, it looks like I may end up just closing my PlusNet account and then
opening one with someone else.

Clive

Clive,

We do not delay our responses for MAC keys. Neither do we just close
tickets without comment. Can you please provide me with some ticket
numbers because it would suggest a system error and I would hate for it to
be happening to anybody else?

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

19289317 - closed automatically - and yes it was one of many repeat
tickets, but what do you expect if you don't answer any of them!

And the following is probably PlusNet are getting lot's of people moaning at
their MAXDSL fiasco

"Line profiling is where BT assess your lines rates and usually set them
after 10 days. They set the MSR (Maximum Stable Rate) for the line and that
should be that.

However, In some cases it can take longer.

There is a bug in the BT system that can affect some users and it makes them
stuck on 2 Meg for most if not all of this period.

If you are still stuck on 2 meg after 10 days, your ISP can log a fault with
BT who should be able to fix it."

Clive

Old May 14th 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Clive wrote:
"Stu C" wrote in message
"Clive" wrote in message
After raising several tickets over past 5 days or so and none of them
answered (some of them closed automatically) - DESPITE a quoted answer
time of 51min 21sec, I've decided to call it a day with Plusnet.

My 12 months contract is up on 9th June. I know I can ask for an MAC,
but what happens if they don't respond - which is likely, going by my
current lack of communications from them!

I don't want to have any 'downtime' or loss of connection

Clive

Use the automated wizard....
cheers Stu,

I know of the wizard, but as I previously mentioned, PlusNet have
automatically closed all of my previous tickets.

So, it looks like I may end up just closing my PlusNet account and then
opening one with someone else.

Clive

Clive,

We do not delay our responses for MAC keys. Neither do we just close
tickets without comment. Can you please provide me with some ticket
numbers because it would suggest a system error and I would hate for it
to be happening to anybody else?

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

19289317 - closed automatically - and yes it was one of many repeat
tickets, but what do you expect if you don't answer any of them!

And the following is probably PlusNet are getting lot's of people moaning
at their MAXDSL fiasco

"Line profiling is where BT assess your lines rates and usually set them
after 10 days. They set the MSR (Maximum Stable Rate) for the line and
that should be that.

However, In some cases it can take longer.

There is a bug in the BT system that can affect some users and it makes
them stuck on 2 Meg for most if not all of this period.

If you are still stuck on 2 meg after 10 days, your ISP can log a fault
with BT who should be able to fix it."

Clive

Well if you kept repeating yourself and not giving the company a chance to
answer, what do you expect! You need to speak to the company direct, unless
you want to post all your personal details over the group and have people do
it for you.
Posts like yours quoting numbers, slagging companies off and generally
moaning do absolutely no good. No one is remotely interested in your
personal arguments as we only have your side of what appears to be a story.
I think the ISP would be better off if you did leave and go elsewhere, if
you can find anyone that will still have you.

Old May 14th 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive

Clive wrote:
"Stu C" wrote in message
"Clive" wrote in message
After raising several tickets over past 5 days or so and none of them
answered (some of them closed automatically) - DESPITE a quoted
answer time of 51min 21sec, I've decided to call it a day with
Plusnet.

My 12 months contract is up on 9th June. I know I can ask for an MAC,
but what happens if they don't respond - which is likely, going by my
current lack of communications from them!

I don't want to have any 'downtime' or loss of connection

Clive

Use the automated wizard....
cheers Stu,

I know of the wizard, but as I previously mentioned, PlusNet have
automatically closed all of my previous tickets.

So, it looks like I may end up just closing my PlusNet account and then
opening one with someone else.

Clive

Clive,

We do not delay our responses for MAC keys. Neither do we just close
tickets without comment. Can you please provide me with some ticket
numbers because it would suggest a system error and I would hate for it
to be happening to anybody else?

Kind Regards,

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net

19289317 - closed automatically - and yes it was one of many repeat
tickets, but what do you expect if you don't answer any of them!

And the following is probably PlusNet are getting lot's of people moaning
at their MAXDSL fiasco

"Line profiling is where BT assess your lines rates and usually set them
after 10 days. They set the MSR (Maximum Stable Rate) for the line and
that should be that.

However, In some cases it can take longer.

There is a bug in the BT system that can affect some users and it makes
them stuck on 2 Meg for most if not all of this period.

If you are still stuck on 2 meg after 10 days, your ISP can log a fault
with BT who should be able to fix it."

Clive

Well if you kept repeating yourself and not giving the company a chance to
answer, what do you expect! You need to speak to the company direct,
unless you want to post all your personal details over the group and have
people do it for you.
Posts like yours quoting numbers, slagging companies off and generally
moaning do absolutely no good. No one is remotely interested in your
personal arguments as we only have your side of what appears to be a
story.
I think the ISP would be better off if you did leave and go elsewhere, if
you can find anyone that will still have you.

Good day Rob,

I was asked By PlusNet to provide a ticket number. I have tried like many
other people on here to contact them using the web based help and telephone.
As a last resort I posted here.

So, let me get thing correct here.... NOT complaining or moaning about a
poor CUSTOMER service (and anyone who disagrees is lying) is the way to
improve a companies service. You either work for PlusNet or are the type who
gets served crap food and just sits there and eats it.

No wonder so many companies get away with such poor service - they must love
customer (or employees ) like you.

Clive

Old May 14th 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 14 May 2006, "Rob" wrote:

Well if you kept repeating yourself and not giving the company a chance to
answer, what do you expect! You need to speak to the company direct, unless
you want to post all your personal details over the group and have people do
it for you.

Sounds very similar to the post made in response to a query about 18866 in
uk.telecom. I'd suggest anyone seeing further posts from Rob just ignore
them, particularly the poster to whom he responds, lest you waste plenty
of time responding on him...