Leaving Plusnet for Nildram.

Old May 14th 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Invisible Man

Default Leaving Plusnet for Nildram.

Due to Plusnets poor service and lack of support, still waiting on a reply
to ticket 19348288, I am thinking of moving to Nildram.

Their product looks good, 4 more but with higher cap and Giganews servers

What do I have to do to change ISPs, anything particular?

Also, Nildrams Giganews service, is there any restriction in what groups you
can get

Thanks

Old May 14th 06, 04:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumps

Invisible Man wrote:
Due to Plusnets poor service and lack of support, still waiting on a
reply to ticket 19348288, I am thinking of moving to Nildram.

Their product looks good, 4 more but with higher cap and Giganews
servers

What do I have to do to change ISPs, anything particular?

Talk to nildram.

Also, Nildrams Giganews service, is there any restriction in what
groups you can get

Which ones do you want? Give me a list and I'll check for you.

Old May 14th 06, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message ,
Invisible Man writes
Also, Nildrams Giganews service, is there any restriction in what
groups you can get

No but there is a restriction on the bandwidth you can use. You get 2
simultaneous connections of can't remember Mbs which works out not
particularly fast and there is a 20 Gb a month limit too. IOW it's great
for text but not great for binaries. I am happy with that situation as
it is reliable for the very few groups I use it for. I use the german
server for everything else.
--
Pete Devlin
"And don't forget my dog, fixed and consequent"